1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tv head unit

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by peakey, Oct 4, 2007.

1. peakey

peakey Member

[Oct 4, 2007]
    Hi a few years back i had a tv head unit in my car it was a kenwood touch screen tv. Im now after another headunit for my s3. As it been so long since iv had a tv in my car i was wondering if someone can clear a few things up for me.

My old kenwood had a tv tuner that you had to hide (it was the size of a suitcase) do the new ones come with the tuner in the head unit now.

My old tv used to slide away into the dash do the new ones come with a clip of type screen as i dont fancy avin the screen in the car at all times as its a bit of a god send for the ba£$%rds that tryed to nick the old one i had.(even tho i did have some alarm fob type thing as a code for it)

Im also in need of one that will play mp3s or even better DVD disc full of mp3s

sorry to sound a bit out of date but im getting old

cheers

And just for the record can some tell me the model of my old kenwood screen all i can remember is that it cost me 1000 quid from halfords about 6 years ago. Id have the same screen again if i could remove it of a evening.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. dualmono21

dualmono21 Well-Known Member

[Oct 5, 2007]
    the alpine screens will do all you require plus a few things extra
    some models are touch screen but if you want the best picture go for one that isnt
  4. AJO

AJO Member

[Oct 5, 2007]
    this is the kenwood unit i have

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KVT-627DVD main features:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]7 inch widescreen TFT colour active matrix display[​IMG]New fully-automatic 'Z-Action' open / close mechanism[​IMG]Interactive touch panel control with OSD (on screen display)[​IMG]DVD disc menu direct-touch operation (with highlight-control mode)[​IMG]FM / MW / LW radio tuner with 24 station memory presets[​IMG]Maximum output power 50W x 4 (MOSFET power IC)[​IMG]Three preamp outputs with 5 volt level (front / rear / subwoofer)[​IMG]One RCA AV output (PAL or NTSC, according to source)[​IMG]One RCA AV input (PAL / NTSC auto selection)[​IMG]One RCA video input with mirror mode function for rear view camera[​IMG]System Es+ tone control[​IMG]System Q sound preset system[​IMG]Installer and backup memories for audio and video settings[​IMG]DVD video playback[​IMG]DVD+ / DVD- R/RW compatible (video format only)[​IMG]WMA / MP3 decoder for compressed audio files. ID-3 tag display[​IMG]MPEG 1/ 2 video file (.mpg and .jpg) playback[​IMG]Removable front panel section and four digit security code to deter theft[​IMG]Complete with full fitting and operating guide​
  5. peakey

peakey Member

[Oct 5, 2007]
    Whats the price on that mate what can you remove from it
  6. peakey

peakey Member

[Oct 5, 2007]
    Removable front panel section and four digit security code to deter theft[​IMG]

answer half my own question
  7. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Oct 6, 2007]
    try www.caraudiodirect.com I have an alpine and went for the single din for security issue. However it looks like you can remove the screen on some of the double dins. I like my alpine but will probably replace it in the near future.
  8. m40rcd

m40rcd Sunny Delight

[Oct 6, 2007]
    the kvt627dvd is £330-£400 quid, apparently brand new on ebay :icon_thumright:
  9. peakey

peakey Member

[Oct 6, 2007]
    without sounding to stupid single din and double din ????
  10. peakey

peakey Member

[Oct 6, 2007]
    can i watch normal tv with that kenwood one or do i need to buy a tuner for it. My friend has a freeview box in his car can i just use one of the as the tuner

cheers
  11. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Oct 7, 2007]
    you will probably need to buy a tuner, its not often they are included. Single din is like the kenwood above ( audi concert ?? ) the double din is twice as wide ( symphony ?? )