1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turtle wax

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by evilbow, May 4, 2009.

1. evilbow

evilbow Member

anyone used turtle wax ice as yet? seen it on tv advertised leaves no powery residue etc the polish i use always leaves powerey bits or white streaks etc, if anyone used this can they give comments etc on it, or maybe suggest an alternative for me to use on my car

2. bhavin1986

bhavin1986 BBP

Hi mate, I use Collinite 476S. Its great at repelling water and is very durable. I'd recommend it. I also use a carlack sealant on the car before applying the wax to protect the paintwork. It gives a great wet looking sheen too. Give it a go if you want good water beading results and a nice wet shine. :icon_thumright:

Although I can't comment on the turtle wax as I haven't used it.
  3. Gangeyboy1982

Gangeyboy1982 cruising in 6th...

The Ice wax is okay, but using the blue cloth seems to have a static effect, meaning that after a few days it has attracted alot of dirt. A bit gimmicky if you ask me.
  4. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Turtlewax is pants. go for a some decent polish and a tub of collinite as suggested. Lasts for ages and super good stuff.

T
  5. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!

evil, id personally log into detailingworld and check out polished bliss website, they are very good at identifying what will be the best for your colour.... sealant or wax, so whilst collinite is great stuff, it may not be the best for your colour car
  6. L0WRiDE

L0WRiDE A3 1.8T Quattro

7. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Is your paint metallic/pearlescent or a solid colour? I can't tell from your avatar, and the advice I'd like to offer depends on the answer! Let me know and I'll post up some thoughts for you... :icon_thumright:
  8. KarenCaren

KarenCaren Member

Turtle wax is fine but compared to some good decent polish and wax its not near quality. I've used all meguiar's product if I clean and detail my car. It seem meguiar's compliment each other product.

9. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

Ive used Ice including the wash and detailer, and yes it goes on and off easy, with no dust and is ok for an 'ordinary' clean.Having spoken to my valeting mate, he raves about polished bliss, so listen to him.Ive got blackfire on my black pearl at the moment and it suits me.But I wont be polishing it....im too clumsy!!and i love it with no swirls etc
  10. A3-sport

A3-sport BOSE

ive been told to never ever waste my time or money buying this ice stuff cos its ****. not actually used it tho. but wouldnt buy it - guy that told me works for a car mag that review products.