Turborevs? Worth it?

brys3

Reaction score
After browsing eBay I'm looking at the turborevs intercooler, downpipe and decat for the s3, what you reckon, worth while?

intercooler does the job by all accounts, although isnt the most professional/discrete install..... no idea on the DP sorry

this might be a stupid question but how much difference would an intercooler make to my s3?

iv been looking into them for a while now but im not too keep on removing my fog lights. Is there any way of putting one in with them still there?

Sorry if in hijacking you thread mate

by what i have seen the torborevs intercooler kit only has the pipework for the a3, so you would be paying 200 for just the cooler then you will have to pay an xtra 150ish for all the pipe work to fit your s3. as for the down pipe and decat im not sure.

So let's say it's 400 in total, would it be worth spending the extra? My s3 has a poor stage remap so I'm toting between what to buy, silicon hoses, dv, custom map, cooler or downpipe

i bought the turbo-revs intercooler on its own for around £50, then a universal piping kit for £70 off a different ebay user.. all fitted on well without cutting anything and i kept my fogs with 63mm pipe. The turbo revs downpipe decat isn't for an s3 as i have just found out, its for a a3 with ko3 turbo. the s3 downpipes have a bend in them .

Lee you got any pics, links etc to what you did and bought?

If it's the same turbo revs downpipe for the S3 I have seen about 10 times in the last few days, it's not for the S3 anyway - it won't fit...

EDIT: Just saw your comment on that so disregard.

yeah lee i wouldnt mind seeing that please.

I didn't take any pics of it while i was doing it.. i will try and take some at some point though.

The intercooler i bought is showing as private on my feedback so i cant actually see the exact one.. but i was looking at a few different ones so i know there are some on there, as long as they are a good size it would be fine. ( i think mine was 690x160x90 end to end, cant remember core)

The piping kit i got was from toyosports or 'tuningpartsbay' 2.5" TURBO INTERCOOLER PIPE PIPING DIY KIT 64MM BLUE on eBay (end time 04-Sep-10 21:07:35 BST)
this was quite decent, come with decent clips, the only bad bit was the straight silicone bits were quite short andd didnt allow for much movement.

Sound, thanks lee. Will you try and get some pics up along with proper measurements!

I managed to take some pics today, although i didn't take the bumper off as i planned originally.

The intercooler i used was similar to this one UNIVERSAL FMIC ALLOY TURBO INTERCOOLER CIVIC DEL SOL on eBay (end time 11-Aug-10 20:55:58 BST) . It was 690x160x90 , think the core was about 500 or so.

DSC_0247.jpg

On the left side, if i was looking at the car, i used a 90 degree ali bend that went onto the existing smic. This was tight but that was because i cut the bend too short.

DSC_0249.jpg

The right side i used a 45 and 90 ali bend, as well as a 90 degree coupler to the top of where the original smic was (which i removed).

DSC_0248.jpg

I had to remove the plastic tunnel things that went on the 2 SMICs to allow space for the 63mm pipework which is in the message i posted above. In all it took me about half a day but was quite straight forward once i got going.. and im no expert ! Even the bumper fitted straight on without any cutting.

DSC_0251-1.jpg

While i got the pics up.. what do you guys think ? and what should i do with the pipework? leave it chrome or paint it black?

Hope this helps, Lee.

Last edited:
Looks spot on lee, thanks for posting the pics up. Could possibly paint the pipes depending what look you want to go for.