Turborevs SMIC - what logs to take before and after fitting

Markeyboy

Fan of the R-Tech!
Reaction score
iv had a turborevs smic that i purchased quite a few months ago that i plan on fitting tomorrow, (i know a fmic would have been a better choice for performance gains but i bought this without really doing too much research into other options :keule: )

i want to run some logs before and after fitting to see if i have made any improvements by fitting this.

im going to log block 004 which is the intake air temp, are there any other blocks that might be worth logging?

its a 1.8t aum

Cheers fella, will post up the results once it's fitted, aiming for tomorrow weather permitting

got some logs done this morning, got the ic fitted,
no results as of yet as the temp rose by 4 degrees between my 2 logging sessions, but on the plus side it has cured my boost leak :yahoo:

need to modify the ducting to the ic now as the origional one dosnt quite fit, then attempt logging again

yea it does feel like its improved, hopfully its not just because iv stoped the boost leak

have a few pics of my progress i'll get em up on here tomorrow

heres a few pics

0e28609d.jpg

74992d55.jpg

will do a propper write up once i have got all my logging done, its still too hot today :sorry:

yeah man its pretty fat that like be good to see what difference it makes, i was going to get one but bought a fmic instead

I fitted the same kit a few months ago in my agu and it make quite a difference. I didn't get the chance to log any before and after readings but I am sure there is a substantial improvement to the air temperature.

I fitted the same kit a few months ago in my agu and it make quite a difference. I didn't get the chance to log any before and after readings but I am sure there is a substantial improvement to the air temperature.

Did you refit the ducting, I did some logs with and without it,
It is defiantly worth refitting it, did take a bit of hacking to get it back on tho

Ran a couple more logs today, still a little to warm today but I thought I would give it a go any how

fd695b76.jpg

I'm pleased that it has not got any worse even with the ambient still a couple of deg higher

(Sorry for the poor quality pic)

is yours car mapped mate? those inlet temps seem VERY low on a standard SMIC.

My stage 1 AUM regularly reaches 57-58 degree inlet temps during summer, and still goes over 50 degrees after sustained abuse even in the current cold weather!

As far as I'm aware it's standard,
It was slightly raining and I did an off boost cruse just before I did a 3rd gear WOT run on the standard Ic

Ambient temp was 8 deg c