1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall Active Member

Fitting a new turbo on my A4 (B5-AEB-150BHP).. Going to get a remap/chip when the new turbo is fitted.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Rough prices?

Probably going to stick with the K03 but should I go for an upgraded version?

Cheers.

2. Biglockie

Biglockie Aye you know it makes sense

The K04 is a option for an upgrade, Andy.B has just fitted a Garrett T28 to his, I'm in the process of purchasing a GT28rs and the kit to fit it, depends on what you want with regard to bang for your buck, as the yanks say, work out a budget then go from there dude.

For the T28 conversion I believe that Billy Bravo (a forum member) can supply manifolds to fit them for our cars.

What power are you looking to achieve and whats your budget????

3. hiltoa

hiltoa VAG erfahren

4. Biglockie

Thats a lot of bang for your buck!!

5. Lee Goodall

Had a look at the Elimintor kit and it's probably more power than I'm looking for at the mo but does look awesome!

Probably looking for 200 - 250 BHP.. I know that a remap with the standard K03 is good for a reliable 210 ish but thought as I'm on the original K03 still at 102000 miles I'd replace it before the remap and self-destruction of the turbo!

Got a fair bit of money to play with but am not after mega power at present.

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Look at the Sp1 kit @ around $500 ( www.scrollproducts.com ) or a k04-15 is well expensive from the Uk @ around £800 or if you take a chance and import one from the US you would get one new for about £500 give or take depending on import duty etc

The scroll products one is what i would do, well i already did but broke it, (another story)

7. Biglockie

Best option is probably the K04 then I believe its the K04-015 you need for our cars, you'll get a trade in on your turbo against a unit with most people.

8. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

By a dead K04-15 and have Scroll rebuild it with one of there SP51 kits and with injectors, MAF and FMIC you will have a good chance of 250bhp with a remap. A stock K04-15 is only good for a MAX of around 240bhp and that’s with a very aggressive remap.

I just bought a dead K04 from the US for £150 after exchange rate and will be have a Hybrid SP51 kit fitted to it. I have no solid idea of what this will be able to do but I'm hopping with a larger flowing manifold it will be in the 270-280bhp area but who knows time will tell but a K03s with a remap not really worth the hassle to be frank.

9. Biglockie

Doc you still doin the RS4 brakes project??

10. docurley

Yep will be looking to do it when I put in a new clutch so within the next 2 months I would have thought.

11. Biglockie

Cool keep us posted fella

12. Lee Goodall

Sent out some enquiries for K04-15 prices.

Anybody recommend a remap? Any prices?

13. Biglockie

If your putting the K04 on go for a FMIC, DV and NJ75, its runn better and boost stronger

14. docurley

Add to that a set of TT225 injectors.

15. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I bought a brand new K04-15 from Backdraft motorsport @ £821 to my door no exchange needed.

16. Lee Goodall

Brilliant I'll probably have a word with them then. Cheers.

17. Lee Goodall

Just noticed on another thread that the ECU on a 1996 A4 is different and this can cause problems with chipping etc.. What do we do then?

18. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

still can be done but they add a socket to the board of the ecu and remove the old chip:superman:. and insert a new chip there

19. Lee Goodall

That's ok then.. That what you did with yours?

Are you still using a K03 turbo?

20. Markey

Markey Active Member

I got my K04 from kenitic motorsport cost about 600 i think into this country i cant remember now.

21. macca

macca Member

hmmm, think i need to speak to some mates in the turbo business as a few here could do with k04-015's,

will investigate over the next few days and get back.

22. g60leigh

yeah mine was done by a revo dealership in newcastle (Just Diesels - although they dont just do diesels)

23. g60leigh

yeah mine was done by a revo dealership in newcastle (Just Diesels - although they dont just do diesels)

24. g60leigh

sorry yeah still on K03 turbo

25. Lee Goodall

I'll make sure whoever provides the chip knows their stuff before I commit to anything.

Decisions.. decisions.. what's the general feeling about K03S then? I'll be happy with around 210 bhp.

Want to try and get a turbo ordered this week so I've got to make a decision!?!

26. g60leigh

what about k03 s
    I'm running fine with my k03 but always looking for more power!

27. Lee Goodall

K03S as fitted too 180bhp TT and Cupra S.. is it a straight bolt on swap?

Surely a map to 210 BHP ish would be reliable on a K03S and a lot less money than a K04?

Just a thought.

28. macca

macca Member

ko3s if from a transverse engine i am sure will not fit, otherwise we would all be bolting ko4's on.

do they fit the ko3s to later a4/passats???

29. Broken Byzan

The later passats and A4's got the K03s . The 180 bhp models iirc

30. Markey

Markey Active Member

How long does it take for Scroll to turn the tubo arround from it being sent to you getting it back ?

31. Broken Byzan

Depends on parts etc, can take weeks. Mine is going to take a month or so, but i am waiting for machine work and such to be done too

32. Markey

Markey Active Member

Hmmm i cant live without my car for that long.

33. Broken Byzan

My first one was back in around 3 weeks, but probaly a week of that was emails back and forth with time delays etc etc. I bought a knackered spare to ship over for rebuild. In fact i have a usable K03 some where if that helps?

Its worn but could either keep you on the road or send off for a rebuild etc etc

34. Markey

Markey Active Member

Cheers for the offer mate :) think i have my nacked K03 somewhere as well, im just deciding if i can live with 240bhp as its my daily drive and needs to stay as economical as possible. The new drift beast will surfice my speed needs for now me thinks :)

35. Broken Byzan

Well mine was looking at 360 m on a tank on the K04 and its latest remap, but i dont know the power etc as the clutch wouldnt hold on the RR. Certainly fast enough

36. Markey

Markey Active Member

Thats good enought for me, was thinking abou the hybrid and injectors option but i got 230 on my last audi and that did not have FMIC and some other bits so recon i could get 235+ maybe which would be plenty for me in my daily runner.