1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo whistle?

AudiiduA Feb 26, 2010

1. AudiiduA

AudiiduA Member

Hi all, should i be able to hear turbo under hard acceration? i can hear mine but only just and not always!?
    Just wondered!:ermm:
    Cheers Lee

2. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

In my old A3 1.8T you could just hear it at lower revs like before 2k ish but in the S3 its slightly noisier but again only until revs rise then i cant hear it at all, with the window up you really struggle to hear it at all, yours sounds pretty normal IMO.

3. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Mine was pretty quiet pre remap, you could only hear it with the windows down and even then it wasnt very loud.

However post remap with a Forge TIP and its whooooooosh every time now, very pleasing :D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

**** spelling Tom, i think you need a couple more oo's in the WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH ;)

5. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

i miss the hisss from spooling.... just looked at the price of a forge TIP, blooomin eck!!

6. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

yep mines also pretty noisy

7. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

When my car was standard you could just hear the turbo, now with Revo, Forge TIP and a Green panel filter it's much louder!

Matt

8. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

9. AudiiduA

AudiiduA Member

Cheers for that fellas!
    :icon_thumright: