Turbo upgrade :)

I don't suppose I can trouble somebody to find me a few part numbers could I?

I require the numbers for (AEB code engine):-

Exhaust manifold Nut
Exhaust manifold washer
Exhaust manifold Gasket

Cheers in advance.

I have been mostly doing this..

057.jpg
....... steering a boat?

I don't suppose I can trouble somebody to find me a few part numbers could I?

I require the numbers for (AEB code engine):-

Exhaust manifold Nut
Exhaust manifold washer
Exhaust manifold Gasket

Cheers in advance.

N90085001 0.34p each
N90357201 0.68p each
058253039L 5.40 each

I had a trial run and attempted to get everything bolted together out of the engine bay but I've hit a bit of a problem..

The T25 flange on the exhaust manifold (4 hole manifold to turbo) takes an M10 bolt/stud but for some unexplainable reason an M10 will not fit through the flange on the turbo!!!??! The diameter appears to be about 0.5-1mm too small.

The only option that I can see is to have the turbo flange bolt holes drilled out but AFAIK they are meant to take an M10.

Anyone have any experience with Garrett T25 flanged turbos?

just drill it out to 10mm then?

cordless drill will do the job.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but can't understand why they don't clear. The turbo was fitted to a SR20DET engine before mine so I assume some T25 exhaust manifolds have smaller diameter bolt holes or something?

It's an odd one! :think:

got one in the garage that I took off mine before i went vband. will have a look at it for you to see if it is just yours.
drilling should be no problem though

You not finished this yet? :D

How can I when the bolts won't fit? lol

The next issue is the clearance as two of the bolts won't clear the turbo housing so I really need a long M10 stud that can be cut down or some threaded bar that can withstand manifold temperatures!

I love modifying!! lol

I've fitted the rear axle! Lack of funds it hindering progress though.

You can use a M10 high tensile set screw, and just lop the head off it if you want a strong piece of studding.

I've fitted the rear axle! Lack of funds it hindering progress though.

You can use a M10 high tensile set screw, and just lop the head off it if you want a strong piece of studding.

Yeah funding is my main issue too to be honest mate.

I think that's the way forward. I need a couple of locking nuts too.

Ye, and i meant steel "nylocs" that look like a normal nyloc, but have a steel ring instead of the nylon bit.

The best option is probably the oval lock nuts, more accurately known as distorted thread locknut. Looks like a normal nut, but is slightly oval at one end.

A couple of new bits..

I decided to go for a standard inlet adapter instead of using the SR20DET one as it's a bit too cramped in the engine bay. My replacement oil drain (angled to clear the actuator arm) was in the same package..

2.5" turbo inlet adapter and 5/8" barbed oil return (angled)
IMG00158.jpg

I had a trial run and attempted to get everything bolted together out of the engine bay but I've hit a bit of a problem..

The T25 flange on the exhaust manifold (4 hole manifold to turbo) takes an M10 bolt/stud but for some unexplainable reason an M10 will not fit through the flange on the turbo!!!??! The diameter appears to be about 0.5-1mm too small.

The only option that I can see is to have the turbo flange bolt holes drilled out but AFAIK they are meant to take an M10.

Anyone have any experience with Garrett T25 flanged turbos?

when i bought my t28 it came on the 200sx manifold with 13mm nuts holding it on, which is m8 i think.. m10 been 17mm nuts, so i just unwound the studs from the 200sx manifold and wound them into my ebay cast manifold no problems at all, i also had a pulsar gtir turbo off my mates gtir the other day to bin the warped stainless manifold in favour of the standard item and again 13mm nuts. keep up the good work :)

Happy new year everyone.

I've made some M10 studs up that screw nicely into the manifold flange so that's sorted that out. Not sure why the manifold had an M10 thread but shouldn't be a problem now.

Just ordering some larger diameter intake hoses after seeing Bill at Badger5s test results.

Only issue now I think is that the replacement turbo oil drain connection is wrong (again!!!).

Should have everything bolted together as a trial run by the weekend so shouldn't be too long now.

Looking forward to it...

still want help? Can do clutch same time if you like mate?

I can do the turbo if you want to get stuck into the clutch at the same time? Be handy to have you there for when something unforeseen pops up, as it probably will!

Let me know when your half term time is mate and we'll aim for then if that's ok?

any updates? got my t28 aeb running in the 90quattro, sounds great, revs up nicely, and launches a treat across the yard spinning all four wheels lol have yet to drive it in anything other than 1st or reverse though.......

any updates? got my t28 aeb running in the 90quattro, sounds great, revs up nicely, and launches a treat across the yard spinning all four wheels lol have yet to drive it in anything other than 1st or reverse though.......

Unfortunately due to work and lack of funds I've not made any more progress although everything is pretty much ready to bolt on now. Struggling to find a suitable oil drain after ordering two that won't work :think: so I'll hopefully get that sorted and get it all together soon.

Yours is sounding promising? What setup are you running? Injectors, MAF and tune etc?

better hurry up and fetch the oil return, i'll be down in a couple of weeks to steal your turbo, streight from the engine bay if i have to. :p

Unfortunately due to work and lack of funds I've not made any more progress although everything is pretty much ready to bolt on now. Struggling to find a suitable oil drain after ordering two that won't work :think: so I'll hopefully get that sorted and get it all together soon.

Yours is sounding promising? What setup are you running? Injectors, MAF and tune etc?

for my drain i simply chopped the originals up, and used silicone hose with 2 jubilee clips, to be honest i probably didn't need the clips but just in case lol after all there isnt a great deal of pressure on the drain side of things.
c20let injectors
vr6 maf with aeb sensor
standard agu ecu (for now, will see how it goes)
3.25" downpipe (i had loads of bends lying around)
3" from downpipe with 1 box
big front mount intercooler

at the minute yes. i'ts going to be a while before i can afford to insure it so i wont know how it reacts to the budget tuning but it certianly seems ok in 1st lol

Just sell all the bits to me and ill stick it on my quattro.:o.k:

for my drain i simply chopped the originals up, and used silicone hose with 2 jubilee clips, to be honest i probably didn't need the clips but just in case lol after all there isnt a great deal of pressure on the drain side of things.
c20let injectors
vr6 maf with aeb sensor
standard agu ecu (for now, will see how it goes)
3.25" downpipe (i had loads of bends lying around)
3" from downpipe with 1 box
big front mount intercooler

A very similar setup to mine then although your exhaust is 1/2" larger in diameter. You running a CAT?

Chop chop then get it mapped so that I've got something to work towards lol.