turbo upgrade options???

20vtdaz

Reaction score
hi guys, been looking into a bigger turbo but im not after massive gains so im looking into a hybrid ko4 unit does anybody know of any options availible and is anyone on here useing one, ive been told of a few hitting 300-310 bhp and over 310lbft is this realistic? ill also be fitting a miltek turbo back and tip , any thoughts? thanks guys daz

I know of only one guy who is running a hybrid K04 on his S3, and I don't think he has seen 300BHP on any rolling road yet?! I've driven the car, and it's certainly quicker than my AmD stage 1 with a very quick turbo spool up make for a pretty rapid machine with minimal lag... and that was with 2 additional passengers inside!
I think the injectors will be a limiting factor for 300BHP, even with a hybrid turbo.

this is why i get confused as ive been told that i will be fine as im running 386cc injectors by one company but told they arent enough by another, who do you believe? lol, so what turbo is it that your friend has?

20vtdaz said:
this is why i get confused as ive been told that i will be fine as im running 386cc injectors by one company but told they arent enough by another, who do you believe? lol, so what turbo is it that your friend has?

It's Simon Elmon, I've only met hime twice maybe 3 times at rolling road meets, he purchased his Hybrid turbo from the U.S IIRC, do a search maybe on his username (try simonelmon ? ) and look at his posts, but I'm not sure if it's well documented on what he's done, as he's not a compulsive poster. He tends to add things onto his S3 as he sees fit, and he posted a list of mods somewhere, sometime ago, not seen or heard from him in ages though...

Found this also... This was before the Hybrid turbo! Enjoy!

MTM re-map
Forge DV-R
Full Armurfend
H&R coilovers
N75 J
BIG red brakes
Adjustable tie bars
FMIC
Iridium spark plugs IK22
Forge Haldex controller
Samco hoses
Toluene-100 octane
Zymol 3 stage
Spec stage 3clutch(6-puck)
1-piece ail flywheel
Forge dog bone mounts
MTM 19" wheels
Haywood & Scott turbo back exhaust
Disel geek short shift
Skoda/Audi rear wiper
Underdriven lightweight pullies
TTDA air box
3" MAF de screened
Samco intake hose
Aero style wipers
DV repositioned
Valantine 1 hardwired
Facelift rear cluster
Phenolic manifold spacer
T3/Tomtom
LED side markers
50watt reversing bulb
Engine earthing kit
3" down pipe
N249 bypass
S4 oil cooler
Nuespeed ARB`s
Greddy boost gauge
Boost machine
Tarox 300mm rear discs

SimonS3MTM

if you not after massive power increases then why not just chip it??? it will need remapping anyway if you fit a bigger turbo.

yeah my innitial plans were to remap the car with a turbo back exhaust but whats thrown me is im not sure it'll be enough, my best mate drives an ibiza cupra which he had a ko3s turbo fitted, hes now fitted a hybrid turbo the same ko3s shell and the difference is amazing, figures arent massively different but the way it drive is awesome so this is why its now crossed my mind, any ideas anyone, thanks again daz

20vtdaz said:
yeah my innitial plans were to remap the car with a turbo back exhaust but whats thrown me is im not sure it'll be enough, my best mate drives an ibiza cupra which he had a ko3s turbo fitted, hes now fitted a hybrid turbo the same ko3s shell and the difference is amazing, figures arent massively different but the way it drive is awesome so this is why its now crossed my mind, any ideas anyone, thanks again daz

Have you considered an ATP eliminator? Their GT2x should see about 290-300bhp, its simple to fit, and relatively cheap. Not sure about the injectors at that power level. I'd have thought they'd need replacing. My S3 injectors couldn't handle 335bhp. Don't forget there's a few other bits and pieces you'll need to consider when going that far - bigger MAF, intercoolers, bigger TIP, etc.