turbo upgrade a4 20tdi

stuartyp

Reaction score
The turbo has went on my 05 20tdi a4 is there an upgraded turbo that i can just bolt on. Many thanks stuart

wouldnt of thought just a bolt on would do , think you would need to re-map aswell

Anything other than a stock turbo you will need a software upgrade. As far as the turbo goes anything that is based on the original unit .ie a hybrid will be a bolt on. if you start going mad as the turbo includes the manifold you will be into a whole load of work/money/pain. I would recommend just going with a genuine unit and if you want more power add a remap.

A bv43 fits without any issues, a hose needs modifying but that's very easy really ! You will need a remap as advised above but that's another matter !

I am thinking of just getting my A4 re-mapped , its a A4 TDi with a BRE engine and if i am right its about 140 BHP, how much could i safely squeeze out of the car ? i need to sort the injectors first tho

With just a map the 140PD Tdi will see a max of 170Bhp, the turbo is the same as on the pd 130 but the engine has 16 valves so it can create a bit more flow and generates more torque, however i will play safe and look at a turbo upgrade, the shaft on the turbo is slender so it snaps easily especially when it spikes/overspeeds. I would look for a bv43 turbo if i was you and i will make sure the oil pump was done before tuning that engine...

are injectors easy to fix or is it something that should probably be replaced ?

sorry about the slight hi-jack btw

Injectors are big money to upgrade...leave well alone unless you have loads of money and looking for over 240bhp !