1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo To Exhaust Manifold Gasket & Manifold Gasket :(

Dazboss Aug 28, 2010

1. Dazboss

Dazboss Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

Right ive had my car checked out by a turbo centre. He said the gasket to exhaust manifold from turbo ( 3 bolt ) & the exhaust manifold are leaking :(.

He said he'd need the car for 2 days & quoted me £175 for the job. Also said that the manifold will need skimming in case its warped.

Anyone ever done this job & came across it before ? Would anyone be willing to help a solider out hint hint :sorry:

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

TBH, its more likely the manifold is cracked, its common sadly. Get yourself a replacement manifold and hav a go yourself. Its fiddly but do-able within a few hours

3. Dazboss

Dazboss Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

I haven't got the know how or the space to attempt this job. Its a Quattro so the prop will need to be removed too :(

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

The prop will not need to be removed, the mani comes out from the top after removing some of the intake pipework etc.

I did our old TQS in a car park outside the hostel we were living in ( don't ask)

5. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Wel i just went to uprate mine,saw a leak around that area,turns out mani was cracked,same gasket as your's,and turbo cracked in three places!,leave it untill you can afford the worst i would!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012