1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo To Exhaust Manifold Gasket & Manifold Gasket :(

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Dazboss, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Dazboss

Dazboss Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

[Aug 28, 2010]
    Right ive had my car checked out by a turbo centre. He said the gasket to exhaust manifold from turbo ( 3 bolt ) & the exhaust manifold are leaking :(.

He said he'd need the car for 2 days & quoted me £175 for the job. Also said that the manifold will need skimming in case its warped.

Anyone ever done this job & came across it before ? Would anyone be willing to help a solider out hint hint :sorry:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 28, 2010]
    TBH, its more likely the manifold is cracked, its common sadly. Get yourself a replacement manifold and hav a go yourself. Its fiddly but do-able within a few hours
  4. Dazboss

Dazboss Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

[Aug 28, 2010]
    I haven't got the know how or the space to attempt this job. Its a Quattro so the prop will need to be removed too :(
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 28, 2010]
    The prop will not need to be removed, the mani comes out from the top after removing some of the intake pipework etc.

I did our old TQS in a car park outside the hostel we were living in ( don't ask)
  6. liquids3

liquids3 Member

[Feb 4, 2012]
    Wel i just went to uprate mine,saw a leak around that area,turns out mani was cracked,same gasket as your's,and turbo cracked in three places!,leave it untill you can afford the worst i would!
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012