1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo removal help please. audi s3 8l.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by JonBoi21, Sep 4, 2011.

1. JonBoi21

JonBoi21 Member

[Sep 4, 2011]
    Hi there,
    Many of you will of commented on my post about my engine issues.
    Im in the process of taking off the turbo. Im nearly at the point of lifting the turbo out but I cant see an easy way of removing the turbo exit to downpipe 16mm nuts any guidance\tips much appreciated.
    Thanks . Jon
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Jardo Slayer

[Sep 4, 2011]
    Hi Jon did you try what Dave suggested and run it for a bit.
  4. JonBoi21

JonBoi21 Member

[Sep 4, 2011]
    Hi bud , I ran it for a little while but it didnt seem to clear.
    The symptoms indicate that its issues with the turbo. For oil to have got in the exhaust exit of the turbo system it will have had to leak past the main turbo oil seals. My view on it is if the seals been pressurised so it leaks then the seal wont sit snug in its original position correctly again and if it does it still wont be 100%. I think for piece of mind I want to get the turbo off and renew damaged breathers etc while im at it. Got contacts at work with turbo technics so hopefully wont cost loads for full recon and then ill know its all pukka and the system will be fingers crossed totally sound :) . Got those nuts off now trying to remote oil andcoolant deeds etc ? :) many thanks