1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo problem's or Mass Air Meter?

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by MrFluffyBunny, Jan 12, 2005.

1. MrFluffyBunny

MrFluffyBunny New Member

[Jan 12, 2005]
    Hi all, I'm experiencing problems with my 2.5 TDi A6. Car loses power above 3K rpm, feel's like I don't have a turbo anymore. I've put a Snap On diagnostic M/C on it and have no fault codes. I've swapped my Air Box top (Mass Air Meter I believe) with my Father In Law's motor and had no difference. Only thing I can find is that barometric pressure in the inlet manifold peaked at 1,499 milibars, I believe this should be around 2000 milibars. To me this point's me towards my turbo charger however I'm loath to pay out for a new turbo without being certain that there is a turbo fault. I had a look at my turbine and it spins freely with no end float so all should be ok unless there is a problem with the waste gate.

Has anybody had similar problems?

Do you have any suggestions on where to obtain information or how to pin down a diagnostic?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[Jan 12, 2005]
    Wow... impressive terminology... I don't understand a word of it though, perhaps you have just got some of your fluff stuck in your turbo Mr Bunny? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[eratum: apologies for the bad joke... I'm having an off day]
  4. leespears1

leespears1 Member

5. imported_kris_tdi

imported_kris_tdi Guest

[Jan 12, 2005]
    the MAF has a plug coming out of it, its not actually attached too the airbox, only by a jubilee clip.
    is yours the di or cr version?
  6. motofox

motofox New Member

[Mar 4, 2006]
    Mines a 1995 2.5 a6 tdi and i got the same problem - it used to boost from 2500 to 4500 rpm, but now theres no boost and just revs slugish, im trying to locate the boost valve regulator and wastgate to investigate them .
  7. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[Mar 4, 2006]

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=60705

This is the b all of all knowledge when it comes to TDI engines ...i have just spent the last 2 hours reading a mass of information recomend it to all owners of TDI motors

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  8. motofox

motofox New Member

[Mar 4, 2006]
    that link is invalid, but i know the site
  9. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[Mar 4, 2006]
  10. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[Mar 4, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wow... impressive terminology... I don't understand a word of it though, perhaps you have just got some of your fluff stuck in your turbo Mr Bunny? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[eratum: apologies for the bad joke... I'm having an off day]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fluff stuck in your turbo do you work for Kwik fit............... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  11. VAGMAN1

VAGMAN1 Member

[Mar 7, 2006]
    sounds like the problems I'm having with my A3 1.9TDI 110 - the turbo has vaes have caked up with a mixture of soot/oil (leaking from the 'wet side' of the turbo due to bearing wear) - the vanes stick open causing over-boost, which results in the ECU shutting the turbo down. However I had a fault code.

Save yourself time and worry and just get your local dealer to carry out a full diagnostic - they can work all components of the turbo system and diagnose the fault.

If you want more help send me a message!