Turbo Pipes

Speedo

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their turbo pipe if so what gains did you notice and what pipe would you recommend?

Ive had a mixed response from the people i have talked with. Some say it doesnt really effect the car anymore than just improve air flow, i.e in terms of torque or bhp. However some have said that it has helped with torque. Is it really worth the money for minimal gains?

Minimal gains are still gains, and i personally, would still get it... has to be better than the OE one doesnt it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

True, but is it worth the approx £130?? Rich do you know any sites that will sell that pipe for the 98 Audi A3, i tried Neuspeed and the other one but there was nothing for the A3 - i take it you have one

basically ring AmD ask them for one they will have a solution

hhm i installed one becoz I needed it to stop the collaspin of my standard pipe. Now noticeably i got a bit more boost ... so its all good

but yes, it is 100+ quid

[ QUOTE ]
Speedo said:
True, but is it worth the approx £130?? Rich do you know any sites that will sell that pipe for the 98 Audi A3, i tried Neuspeed and the other one but there was nothing for the A3 - i take it you have one

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry.. they are not listed for the A3... Look under VW golf 1.8T 2000 model, and thats the one.

I havent done it.. one of those things i never got round to doing. As i am going to be doing the IHI conversion, i think i wont bother as it will get changed soon anyway.

Rich

Well £225 still better than £261 + delivery charge from forge. I previously ordered a set from forge and was told approx 10 weeks before they would be dispatched, so i cancelled. Every supplier in the uk has or did have at the time 8 - 10 weeks wait. They said Samco were very slow to deliver, i assume they make most on them to order.

I only purchased the intake pipe, not the complete Samco set. Custom/import tax is proportional to the value of the goods.

If I remeber correctly, if the value of the good is more than £10 and not declared as a gift you pay tax on it coming into the country.

Guys this is for an A3 not S3! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I spoke to someone at AMD and they said they didnt do them for the A3. I'll speak with forge and see what they think - cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i asked about the AGU pipe directly from Forge.... 4 or 5 weeks go, back then they said 6 weeks

go figure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

When I say "bodge" it isn't really. The golf one works fine, you just have to swap the DV and PSV positions and perhaps block a lower hole.

I just wanted one made for engine.