1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo oil return pipe

Lemon S3 Jun 2, 2012

1. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

Fitting my turbo and need a gasket for the oil return pipe on the bottom of the turbo. Was wondering does it need to be anything special like a metal gasket or can I just use gasket paper or will it get too hot? If it needs to be metal, where do I get one from?

2. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

TPS should do it? I got my pipe changed last year and on the recipes I'm sure it said gasket. Not at home so can't really check the codes

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

OEM metal gaskets all day long... dealer or TPS as a supplier... paper gaskets typically get supplied with the hybrids I have been involved in fitting and I never use um... I use OEM ones on my GT30... never leaked

<tuffty/>

4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

oem all the way, TPS or Audi, but you're too late today as they're both shut now.

Should have bought everything before you started :p

5. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

I forgot the return pipe needed a gasket :3sadwalk:
    Spent nearly £47 at Audi yesterday just getting a thermostat, turbo/man gasket, turbo/dp gasket and inlet man gasket. Was a bit shocked at the price, but I saved 6p :rock: as I didn't have enough on me n they let me off.

6. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

it's OK, I forgot that very same gasket myself last time I did a swap!

realised I'd forgotten it, and was very careful when removing the old one, and I've re-used it no trouble. few thousand miles later and there are no leaks, so happy days :)

7. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

I wanted to do the same but I can't find it, I thought I did and went to fit it then realised the bolt holes were too close, god knows what that gasket is for.