1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo oil pipe

HOTTIGGER May 19, 2012

1. HOTTIGGER

HOTTIGGER Member

hi all im having a s/h turbo fitted to my 1999 s3 210bhp engine code apy tuesday, the meachine adviced me to buy a new turbo oil return pipe/line, does any 1 no where to buy 1? and a rough price? or a part number would be great. thanks in advance..

2. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

3. HOTTIGGER

HOTTIGGER Member

thanks m8, im after a new 1 if posible? ive got a used 1 all ready on my car, ive bin advesed to buy a brank new 1, he also said ill only be able to get a geniun audi 1, thats why in after a rough price from the dealers and part number would be great . thanks.

4. Marcos

Marcos Member

part number is 06A 145 735 J and is listed at £73.66 on a dated version of etka, just double check part number but mines showing its correct for APY/AMK

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Think you will find your mechanic means a new oil feed pipe rather than the oil drain... the oil feed pipe is known to block over time...

<tuffty/>

6. HOTTIGGER

HOTTIGGER Member

no m8 he defo said oil return not oil feed ,
    thanks

7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Did he say why? never heard of an issue with these... always the feed pipe... I would double check as he may have mistakenly said that...

<tuffty/>

HOTTIGGER likes this.
  8. HOTTIGGER

HOTTIGGER Member

no m8 he dint say why, he just said oil return, i would have thought new oil feed aswell. thanks

9. <tuffty/>

Oil feed goes from the front of the oil filter housing to the top of the turbo and looks a bit like this...
    [​IMG]

Oil drain goes from the bottom of the turbo to the bottom of the sump at the back and looks a bit like this on the engine..
    [​IMG]

...and this off the engine...
    [​IMG]

I would double check and get your mechanic to point out the bit he is on about..

<tuffty/>

10. HOTTIGGER

HOTTIGGER Member

thanks for the pictures and help m8, nice 1,, ill defo ask him in the morning thanks again.