Turbo not kicking in - loss of power!

VTEC_Killer

Reaction score
Car was running ok this morning, then it felt that there was no 'surge' as if the Turbo wasn't kicking in.

Continued on my journey for 8 miles (mainly flat, so no big issue) but as soon as I got to a hill, the car was in limp mode - no power at all to climb the hill (car really struggling)

Anyway, I switched the engine off as soon as I got on the flat, started up and then things were like back to normal again - the turbo was working ok!

I did a quick search on the forum, and the MAF Sensor/N75 seems to be the main cause (though I will try to get it on VAGCOM).

Q's?

Where is the MAF and n75 sensors located and can I replace these myself?
What will be cost?
How do you best clean the turbo with Mr Muscle?

Thanks in advance.

The maf and n75 are at the top of the engine ill take a pic for you later. Both easily replaceable mate and not too exspensive

Maf around £50 and n75 £40 I think last time I bought one. But that was for a 1.8t s3

Maf sensor is on the air box. N75 valve is on the front of the engine. Just follow the vacuum hose from the turbo actuator . N75 valve is just under £40 from stealers. Have a search for the mr muscle turbo cleaning post. I've recently done both and it's cured my llimp mode problems.
M

forget looking at parts and prices till you have done a scan and you know what you need :confused:

Update:

Drove the car home yesterday, no problems - everything seemed to be ok.

Got it on VAG, no engine codes detected except for some unsual ones from con unit, so all good there - cleared codes, went for a blast, re-test - all good!

Drove in this morning, no issues.

Pretty weird, I think! I guess I'll see how it goes over the next few days/weeks.