1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo kit?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by liquids3, Feb 11, 2013.

1. liquids3

liquids3 Member

[Feb 11, 2013]
    Anyone know of any good turbo kits,gt28 mayby,would like as turbo,turbo lines manifold ect,where is the best place to search?,or anyone striping there's?,would need rods also,would post this in classifieds,i am after advice on where to search new if not thanks adam.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. 16Klappe

16Klappe RacecaR forward is RacecaR backwards. Supporter

[Feb 11, 2013]
    Speak to Simon J Worker on Facebook; he has a 447bhp Leon Cupra which cost him about £37 all in on eBay.
  4. liquids3

liquids3 Member

[Feb 11, 2013]
    I like the sound of that,ok thanks mate,so i take it he bought seperatly and built it all up?
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 11, 2013]
    ATP Turbo or have a word with Bill for a proper GT based kit... I say 'kit' as in my experience there is no such thing as a complete kit... most of the fittings etc are sub standard and you are better off sourcing all the parts separately as you have more control over the quality of the bits you are buying..

No offence to SJW's build but its a little too pikey for my taste but is a fair example of what can be achieved on a relatively low budget...

Almost all the water and oil lines needed redoing in my experience and downpipes can be a joke... might be worth having a chat with Sam Bryant though as he has a 'GT28' copy (by copy I mean nothing like a GT28) fitted to a modded relentless manifold and down pipe...

<tuffty/>
  6. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

[Feb 11, 2013]
    pag and cts also do what would be considered a full 'kit'
  7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 11, 2013]
    Yeah... fitted both a pag parts kit (on mine) and a cts kit (Hollie's TT)... my statement still stand ;P

Oil and water lines on both kits were woefully inadequate (the stuff on my pag kit just didn't fit) and the CTS downpipe was a nightmare...

<tuffty/>
  8. liquids3

liquids3 Member

[Feb 11, 2013]
    Ok thank's for advice,might have a chat with sam also. : )
    basically i ment by by kit as turbo- lines mani dp mayby rods.i was offered such a kit (package) but now sold.thanks : )