1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo issues VAGCOM

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Jambo24, May 30, 2013.

1. Jambo24

Jambo24 New Member

[May 30, 2013]
    So I bought an a3 2.0t 2 months ago and within a month I could feel that the turbo wasn't boosting properly it went back in the garage I purchased from and they replaced the n75 and it was working fine.

BUT last week it went back to feeling sluggish again and I sent it back to the garage and they said their are no fault codes on VAGCOM that could cause sluggishness only a issue with the instrument panel which we are currently awaiting the parts on (all under warranty thankfully)
    I cannot hear the turbo recirculating as usual which suggests no boost being held

so my question is

Are their any known problems regarding turbo/sluggishness and lack of boost that wouldn't necessarily show up on the VAGCOM system?

the garage is trying to tell me it's fine which is annoying because it most defiantly is not.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. BlueSpark

BlueSpark 6th Gear

[May 30, 2013]
    Have you changed your diverter valve to the revised D version. Common fault on the 2.0tfsi is the old version the diaphram splitting and so not holding boost.
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 30, 2013]
    Have you actually logged the boost to see what its asking for & then what its providing?
  5. Jambo24

Jambo24 New Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Hi thanks very much for your quick replys strangely enough I received the car back today from the garage prior to it going back next week for the replacement instrument panel and it is running absolutely perfectly. Maybe it has an intermittent problem or maybe they didn't quite fix it right first time and preferred to say "its seems fine to us". Hopefully the latter. Cheers
  6. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[May 30, 2013]
    When are you getting it remapped more to the point ;-)
  7. Jambo24

Jambo24 New Member

[May 30, 2013]
    I'd love to fella i had it booked in at AMD woking then its started playing up. Thing is I paid 495 for extended 2 year warranty and I don't want to void it
  8. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Where you based mate?
  9. Jambo24

Jambo24 New Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Kingston, Surrey