1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Intake Pipes

gbhdavies Jan 20, 2004

1. gbhdavies

gbhdavies Member

On some of the threads I've read some of the A3 owners have commented on their new turbo intake pipes. From this I presume they are talking about a larger diameter intake to the turbo. Is this a modification available for the S3 or does this model already possess a larger diameter intake? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    GBH

2. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

The S3 doesn't have a metal turbo inlet pipe, despite a certain company advertising that their aftermarket pipe is suitable!

The hose from the MAF goes directly onto the inlet to the compressor of the turbo...with a jubilee clip either end...no metal pipe involved.

3. popeye126

popeye126 New Member

I know Ottinger do an aluminium turbo intake pipe costs about £380 incl vat. No sure how good it is or how easy it is to fit but Oettinger have a good rep. I think you can get this through RSD.

4. popeye126

popeye126 New Member

I know Oettinger do an aluminium turbo intake pipe costs about £380 incl vat. No sure how good it is or how easy it is to fit but Oettinger have a good rep. I think you can get this through RSD.

5. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

Isn't the Oettinger pipe a replacement for the rubber hose from MAF to turbo?
    I believe so...rather than a replacement turbo inlet metal pipe thet a hose then goes onto.

The Oettinger piece is probably very nice, but why spend that kind of cash when Forge do a Samco hose for around £100 that does the same job?