1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo intake pipes from hong kong?

sun and kath Mar 23, 2008

1. sun and kath

sun and kath Member

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

a few people have them in 1.8t's without any problems,i think you just need to make sure you get the right type of clips to go with them

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

These Autobahn88 hoses are actually pretty good. I got a set when I first got my S4 and the garage said they looked as good as the Samco set.

4. macca

macca Member

i have the autobahn88 intercooler and for the money it was good. as for turbo hose i was going to pay extra and get samco, but the hoses don't seem bad. replace clips with some better quality ones though as they are not very good at clamping.

5. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

I've got a full set on mine. Quality wise I couldn't tell any difference between those and Samco's. I did the think the fit could've been better though, however that was only because some of the hoses were longer than they should be. But for the sake of trimming a bit off some hoses these'll save you a good wedge of money, I'd definately recommend them. Didn't pay any tax on mine either as they marked em as samples, only took a week to get here too. A good set of hose cllips is def worth it though, but don't overtighten, they will cut into softer silicone hoses.

6. Blue_Thunder

The Samco kits aren't perfect either. A lot of people complain about the MAP plug in the TBB is too high, and sometimes off-centre.

7. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I also run the full set on my 1.8T and they where a bargin.

8. AUDI TURBO

AUDI TURBO Member

do they make any performance differences or jsut for looks?

9. Blue_Thunder

You'd fit these as preventative maintenance. Old hoses can get worn and fail.

The TBB (Throttle Body Boot) and F-hose are common failure points on the S4. If these hoses split it can (and does) destroy turbos because they overspin.

10. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's been known that the stock TB collapses under higher boost (chipped) where as the silicone pipes tend to be somewhat stronger and hold there shape on and they look better too.:drool:

11. Markey

Markey Active Member

I did have these then swapped for their FMIC quality stuff at realistic prices can't grumble.

12. sun and kath

sun and kath Member

thanks guys
    I've Ordered them now from autobhan88. a full set for my S4
    The same items were listed at differnt prices and I ended up buying via his US ebay shop, they were $105 dollars, i made an offer of $100 and got them. So with post to uk in pounds, thats cost £75.41. seems pretty good so far....

13. johnyj

johnyj Member

let us know if you have any other charges on that when they turn up