1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo howl (coooing noise) for a3 2.0 tdi 140

A3 2.0 tdi sport Dec 15, 2013

1. A3 2.0 tdi sport

A3 2.0 tdi sport New Member

Hey everyone, can anyone tell me how to make the turbo howl louder? I've just fitted a catback system which has improved it a bit, but want it to be louder and more noticeable, is there a simple way of doing it? Thanks.

2. Rhyso

Rhyso Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Decat

3. A3 2.0 tdi sport

Wanna try avoid that lol, is there any other way?

4. Rhyso

You just spent x amount on a system to give you nothing in terms of performance. The CAT is the most restrictive part of the system and diesels do not require it for the MOT

5. A3 2.0 tdi sport

I was going to get a decat but I think it sounds too rough and noisy, the catbacks given it a lot more poke which I'm satisfied with and it sounds decent too, but I want the turbo howl louder if that's possible? Or is decat the only way?

6. Rhyso

Its the only way I got it to howl on my MK4 Golf and my current A3Personally I like it :)

7. A3 2.0 tdi sport

I'll look into it, have you got a full system or just the downpipe?

8. Rhyso

Just the downpipeIll only end up with a full system when the rest of it falls apart :)

9. A3 2.0 tdi sport

What downpipe you got? When I looked they all seemed really expensive, cheapest been like £170, you know of any cheaper?

10. Rhyso

I have a different car to you. Mine is a 170 so I removed the DPF£170 is a fair price mind

11. A3 2.0 tdi sport

Okay we'll cheers for the help mate. But one more thing lol, do you know if an induction kit would make difference to turbo noise? Say like a piper cross panel filter?

12. Rhyso

Minimal difference. I got an ITG panel filter and it made a very slight difference and i mean slight!!

13. flying oyster

flying oyster flying oyster

ive just deleated all my egr cooler out the engine and there is definatly more howl from mine not that i wanted that though

14. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

backbox delete!

Sayam likes this.
  15. khanvict86

khanvict86 New Member

wait a minute loool my car makes a howling noise when i press on the accelerator i thought that was the turbo going ? videos please guys loool

16. Rideen

Rideen Sport Mode Audi A3

You can always rev it hard and push the engine until the limit. Do this for a couple of days and you'll get a turbo siren eventually, it will howl like insane.

There is one downside though...

:D

Sorry, had to do it.

Sayam likes this.
  17. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

buy a 1.9 tdi they do it better lol ......