1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo hissing noisy

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by gewagon, Jul 26, 2010.

1. gewagon

gewagon New Member

Hi I have an Audi 1.9tdi 05 driving it the other day heard a slight pop and then the turbo has a loud whining/hissing noise , when I took of the wastegate acuator pipe (vacume) the noise stopped but lack of turbo power when I put the pipe back on I had full turbo power but the whining turbo spinning noise like the wastegate is constantly open , could this be the N75 Solinoid valve or an air leak somewhere I dont think the turbo is at fault as it is not rumbling or rattleling or like a bearing whine just the spinning noise of the turbo ? :sadlike:
  2. reggieroo

reggieroo Member

Our allroad has a slight whistling sound from the turbo & wondered if this was normal.
  3. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

if you heard a poping noise before the hissing i would say that you need to be looking for a pipe that has come off or split.
  4. alictait

alictait Member

Did u figure out your problem exactly the same thing happened to me tonight ? I thought I had actuall blown a tyre and then lost most power and car went into limp mode :(
  5. alictait

alictait Member

Mine turned out to be the intercooler, just posting incase anyone stumbles across the thread looking for answers.