1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo help please. Tuffty u turbo geek I need ur input!! :)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Audi S3 freak, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Audi S3 freak

Audi S3 freak Member

Hi people. What ihi turbo would I be lookin at for 300bhp ie one from s scooby?? Cheers
  2. Customboy

Customboy Member

Are u looking at getting beyond 300? Ever thought of a gt28 turbo kit mate ?
  3. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

IHI VF34.

Old school and outdated IMO. 300bhp is has from a ko4 hybrid, more from a Garret GT unit.
  4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

5. Audi S3 freak

Audi S3 freak Member

around 300 buddy. I did think about it but to be honest the engine will at some point be getting dropped out for something with more balls so this is just to tie me over until I have the funds for a naughty build! Scooby turbos go cheap so I did wonder what I could use on the s3. So any info would be great :)
  6. Audi S3 freak

Audi S3 freak Member

Cheers prawn. Like I said its a temp thing just until I hav the funds for a real build!! Jus got a rx8 (don't hate me I want to go sideways and I would rather crash that than the s3 lol) and go on holiday in a few days so money is tight at the mo. I had the car mapped by amd Essex 5 weeks ago and it only hit 250hp and 280ft lb due to a ****e cone filter that was restricting the airflow and a dead air mass! Replaced both along with a tip and the car feels so much better but still far too slow (coming from bikes means I'm used to goin pretty quick in no time at all!!) so I need more CHEAP power for now hence the pikey ihi turbo questions. Lol cheers for the input!! :)
  7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

IHI's aren't as reliable as Garretts... if you are going to all that trouble you may as well go Garrett IMO...

<tuffty/>
  8. Audi S3 freak

Audi S3 freak Member

Ok cheers buddy! May have to rethink my little plan then!! Lol