1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo cutoff?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mjepson, Mar 23, 2007.

1. mjepson

mjepson Member

[Mar 23, 2007]
    I was driving today, and came on to the freeway and floored it... as i usually do :)

In third gear i passed 4500rpm and could feel the automatic limiter come on, but after shifting gears i had nearly no power... so first thought was that i had blown the turbo. But after a quick stop at the first petrol station and a quick "reboot" it was back again.

Is this something that audi has put in to scare me or did something odd happen?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Beddie

Beddie Member

[Mar 23, 2007]
    Sounds like the car may have gone into 'Limp Mode' perhaps?

Could have over-boosted and the ECU has thrown the towel in for a few mins...
  4. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

5. HeliChris

HeliChris Learning to fly 3D

[Mar 24, 2007]
    Yep I think an "Over Boost" limp home as well, you are going to need to get your error codes cleared via VAG-COM, because that is going to scream "CHIPPED" to the dealer. I would also get superchips to look at the map again, because the must be pushing it to far.

Chris.
  6. mjepson

mjepson Member

[Apr 28, 2007]
    I had another cutoff today. Wasn't revving it in the red, but pushing the car a lot. Did a long stretch from the start of the highway with the pedal down and settled to normal speed, then tried to overtake a car and there was no power :(

Got of the highway, stopped the car, on again and voila... turbo back again...

I will send superchips an email and ask if they have knowledge of this...