1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Carbon Build Up? + Doors Not Catching?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Gavin G, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Gavin G

Gavin G Member

[Jul 1, 2011]
    Got my local independant Audi mechanic to give my car the once over and one of the things he said is that my Turbo has a slight hesitation, which ive noticed in the past aswell. I know my car can pull like a train before and after this hesitation so it's abit annoying to say the least. He thought may be caused buy carbon build up in the turbo. He also said it's not really an urgent thing to do but it can be abit of a throttle to get at. Is there any way i can clear this without taking the turbo off to clean? Or any other thoughts?

Also both my doors sometimes don't close properly if closed with any sort of force they bounce and are just about on the catch, sometimes when driving the passanger side door would bounce out onto a half catch and i would have to pull over and close it tight again. It seems strange that both doors are doing IT or am i just unlucky? They also seem abit rattley, any ideas?

Thanks yet again for your help

A3 1.8TS 2002 AUM
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. bazil

bazil BOOM BOOM

[Jul 4, 2011]
    i dont know about your turbo but your doors need new locking mechanisms,

They cost around £70 ish, my door would do the same, i tried white grease, adjusting the latch, everything then when i went round a roundabout one day the passangers door actually opened :(
    it also failed a mot for doing the same thing on the roadtest.also in the winter it got worse and would jam open and the door wouldnt catch at all.

I fitted new mechanisms in the door and its been fine ever since, To fit i took the door card off, undone the 4 torx that hold the window frame and motor and removed it all with the glass intact, undone the torx to hold in the lock, fitted the new one and rebuilt carefully lining up the window frame and holder with the marks from where it came off, easy job took a couple of hours to do both sides.

If you need any help in removing the parts i can go into better detail if required.
  4. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

[Jul 4, 2011]
    would an engine flush not fix this? if its damaged tho it may accelerate the damage
  5. Ginge

Ginge It's never fast enough !

[Jul 4, 2011]
    Turbo and engine are separate so flushing the engine wont have any effect on the state of the turbo. Also as it is the air intake/ outtake you can't run anything through it to clean it as it will get into your engine. I'm pretty sure the only way to clean a turbo is by having it off the car... but if I was going to do that I would just buy a recon unit or go for a hybrid, you can then take your time on the old one and sell it afterwards :)
  6. Gavin G

Gavin G Member

[Jul 4, 2011]
    Is that £70 each Bazil?
  7. damo.h

damo.h DVLA Say it's Black

[Jul 4, 2011]
    Not a clue boutbyr turbo but Have you tried adjusting the bar in the door jams?
  8. bazil

bazil BOOM BOOM

[Jul 5, 2011]
    Sorry yes that's £70 each, if you get somebody to do it for you then ensure the door open symbol on the DIS and the interior light come on and the lights on the door, if they don't it's a strip down again just to plug in a wire lol