Turbo broken or need refurbishing?

TimWills28

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi ALL,

Turbo seems to make a high pitch noise that sounds quite cool on a TDI even though I feel it ain't meant to.

Done some research and It sounds like it's the siren that everyone talks about... It's a a3 140pd 2004.

Can turbo be fixed before I remap it? Or do I need a new turbo? It still boosts around 2k till about 3k then levels out..bit of black smoke every now and then but drives fine..haven't had no limp problems touch wood..

Any ideas?

Hi ALL,

Turbo seems to make a high pitch noise that sounds quite cool on a TDI even though I feel it ain't meant to.

Done some research and It sounds like it's the siren that everyone talks about... It's a a3 140pd 2004.

Can turbo be fixed before I remap it? Or do I need a new turbo? It still boosts around 2k till about 3k then levels out..bit of black smoke every now and then but drives fine..haven't had no limp problems touch wood..

Any ideas?

I've had the siren noise on a couple of cars , one was stage 2 turbo but never had any problems and I was never light on the pedal but there's lots of stories on this siren noise , some peoples turbos dying and some peoples turbos living on for ages, but then again there's turbos they die without having the siren noise .