turbo boost problems

mike1234

Reaction score
hi can anyone help i have a 96 aeb turbo with a amd remap miltek ss cat bypass samco hoses throughout. When i excellarate hard there seems to be a judder from the engine then every thing is fine the boost is showing 12 psi then perers bown to 9 i have checked all the hoses fitted a new n75j valve and cleaned out the air box as i thought i could be water? if i gradualy apply power upto 4-5thou rpm then floor it she seems fine any help appeciated as this seems to be an ongoing problem

clean you maf? i had the same prob with mine last week but my maf was shot so i went out and got a new one and they arnt cheap for a 96 aeb engined car

mine was 220 with vat from GFS but you could go euro car parts

thanks i cleaned the maf and now she is running like a bag of spanners i guess the maf is shot any clues as to why as i only wiped it down with a lint free cloth?

hard to diagnose over the net, vag com is your friend. new/recon maf from the dealer is £80 in exchange for your old one.

cheers snoop and billy bravo orderd a new maf from euro car parts will keep you all posted when she arrives thanks

new maf fitted she now pulls like a train only one prob boost seems to go to 17psi and starts to stall is this called over boost? is this a common problem with the ko3 turbo? any idea how to cure it apart from that she runns a dream

i would say that would be the j valve causing it to overboost, might wany to swap it back to the stock one.

snoop said:
i would say that would be the j valve causing it to overboost, might wany to swap it back to the stock one.

Just what i was thinking as well i had this on my old A4 and it made it run ruff as old boots....

Markey said:
Just what i was thinking as well i had this on my old A4 and it made it run ruff as old boots....

ah markey, havent seen or spoke for a while, how long you been back into the audi's, good to see you on the forum again. dan

A few months mate :) sold the dredded BMW and Drift Beast for a house and needed an estate to carry crap about in so what better than a Audi :) and a 1.8t as well..

Hows you ?

Markey said:
A few months mate :) sold the dredded BMW and Drift Beast for a house and needed an estate to carry crap about in so what better than a Audi :) and a 1.8t as well..

Hows you ?

dirty ole beemers, but i do have a soft spot for a bit of jap! =) yeah im good mate, just bought my house recently also, thats a real mod/wallet killer, but im getting by. little bit at a time. i fancy some coilovers next and drop it like its hot.

Snap guys I bought a house too! Move in 3 weeks.

Dunno if I will be able to keep the A4 though, maybe have to get something smaller/cheaper. Going to continue enjoying this car while I still can though.

Soupie69uk said:
Snap guys I bought a house too! Move in 3 weeks.

Dunno if I will be able to keep the A4 though, maybe have to get something smaller/cheaper. Going to continue enjoying this car while I still can though.

try and keep the A4 mate, you know it makes sense.

Yeah try and keep it, i had to sell my Silvia to pay for the house, and the 600 quid e30 318is was the run about and it was a good little run about at that.

Congrats on the houses guys :) it will be tough at first but it soon gets easier... with money