1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo boost problems

mike1234 Jun 26, 2007

1. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

hi can anyone help i have a 96 aeb turbo with a amd remap miltek ss cat bypass samco hoses throughout. When i excellarate hard there seems to be a judder from the engine then every thing is fine the boost is showing 12 psi then perers bown to 9 i have checked all the hoses fitted a new n75j valve and cleaned out the air box as i thought i could be water? if i gradualy apply power upto 4-5thou rpm then floor it she seems fine any help appeciated as this seems to be an ongoing problem

2. billybravo

billybravo Active Member

clean you maf? i had the same prob with mine last week but my maf was shot so i went out and got a new one and they arnt cheap for a 96 aeb engined car

mine was 220 with vat from GFS but you could go euro car parts

3. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

thanks i cleaned the maf and now she is running like a bag of spanners i guess the maf is shot any clues as to why as i only wiped it down with a lint free cloth?

4. Danielson

Danielson Member

hard to diagnose over the net, vag com is your friend. new/recon maf from the dealer is £80 in exchange for your old one.

5. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

cheers snoop and billy bravo orderd a new maf from euro car parts will keep you all posted when she arrives thanks

6. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

new maf fitted she now pulls like a train only one prob boost seems to go to 17psi and starts to stall is this called over boost? is this a common problem with the ko3 turbo? any idea how to cure it apart from that she runns a dream

7. Danielson

Danielson Member

i would say that would be the j valve causing it to overboost, might wany to swap it back to the stock one.

8. Markey

Markey Active Member

Just what i was thinking as well i had this on my old A4 and it made it run ruff as old boots....

9. Danielson

Danielson Member

ah markey, havent seen or spoke for a while, how long you been back into the audi's, good to see you on the forum again. dan

10. Markey

Markey Active Member

A few months mate :) sold the dredded BMW and Drift Beast for a house and needed an estate to carry **** about in so what better than a Audi :) and a 1.8t as well..

Hows you ?

11. Danielson

Danielson Member

dirty ole beemers, but i do have a soft spot for a bit of jap! =) yeah im good mate, just bought my house recently also, thats a real mod/wallet killer, but im getting by. little bit at a time. i fancy some coilovers next and drop it like its hot.

12. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

Snap guys I bought a house too! Move in 3 weeks.

Dunno if I will be able to keep the A4 though, maybe have to get something smaller/cheaper. Going to continue enjoying this car while I still can though.

13. Danielson

Danielson Member

try and keep the A4 mate, you know it makes sense.

14. Markey

Markey Active Member

Yeah try and keep it, i had to sell my Silvia to pay for the house, and the 600 quid e30 318is was the run about and it was a good little run about at that.

Congrats on the houses guys :) it will be tough at first but it soon gets easier... with money