1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo and remap..

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Jayy26, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

I should be receiving a turbo dynamics stage 2 turbo shortly and have spoke To a few companies and darkside developments are saying they have not seen an Audi a3 140 bkd engine with more then 200bhp ,so what's the point in these turbos? If I was to upgrade my clutch and maybe a downpipe would I be closer to the 240bhp before I have to change the injectors? Cause I'm sure somebody on here is running 230bhp and 420lbft with nothing stupid special just a remap clutch and downpipe..
    And any good remapping companies that arnt gonna charge me £500 for a bloody remap :/
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Its a custom map, so you will pay good money for it as you were advised before, once you go hybrid your costs for setup will increase a fair bit.

I run a stage 1 & stage 2 & they are running way past 200, so ignore that.
  3. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

Advised before and all the prices are the same on there website.normal and hybrid..that's why I was getting confused because 200bhp didn't seem that much obviously I want a safe remap on first and then if clutch goes I will upgrade clutch will I be looking at much more power with that or do I then need downpipe? Cheers

What are you running with parts then?
  4. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

You don't need to do egr delete, clutch or exhaust with a hybrid at all, its not a necessity, as it still works perfectly, even with stock IC as I run 2 of them.

I do have a BMC CDA on 1 & a carbon intake from carbonspeed on other, but these also aren't needed, just test beds purely, cars worked fine with stock intakes.
  6. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Try Shark Performance for a custom remap, based in Mansfield.
  7. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

I didn't think you had to spend much to get bhp out off a car apart from just a remap but it's gonna end up costing 500 for turbo then another 500 for a bloody remap..and can't afford a s3 as anything cheap is on 100kmileage+ and dread to see what insurance is like..and brought a diesel to save money :/ don't knOw if to put a standard turbo back On and sell..
  8. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

Will check them links out..
  9. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Yes, it costs money to tune cars. Anything over a stage 1 starts becoming pricey. Is your car mapped already? Where are you based?

Rick
  10. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

But even at stage one turbo can go like mine and then it was reconditioned 2 years ago and gone now lol no totally standard s line and Worksop area net Sheffield
  11. hollow

hollow Active Member

rs performance in leeds did mine a few years ago now ,cost me £300 then spent all day there with car on rollers fine tuning it .
    went back a few weeks later after more mods and they did it again for nothing (well i bought dinner for them ) to say thanks.

tbh i dont rate darkside . they seem to have just sprung up from nowhere.

my nephew has just purchased a hybrid for his B7 A4 170 , he asked darkside first for a quote , quite a bit more expensive than he thought ,so sourced the hybrid elsewhere @ £1200
    rs has quoted him £500 to remap it . darkside less . but i know who i would choose .

TBH i think its a total waste of his money ,approx 35 bhp for around £1700 in total. not alot for the money, but its his cash not mine.

its probably due to the fact im getting older and tighter that i disagree with him .
  12. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

Was that just for a standard turbo tho? They seem quite decent..yeh they quoted me 480 to get maybe 200bhp..and yeh that's what I think not a lot but getting a stage 2 turbo for 500quod off my mate only been used for 2000miles and needed a new turbo as mine as gone so not really losing out..I'm tight and I'm only 20! Earn about 700-800 a month so..it's all fun and games ha! I'll have to give them a ring it's only about an hour there
  13. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

For a pd140 bkd its £625 for recon stage 2 turbo which is a very good price and there new turbos are built with even better lighter compressor wheels for better performance they seem very helpful when i phoned them up last week and said they rarely have faults in the turbos resulting in a replacement as they are all thoroughly testedI say go for it as i will also be going for the stage 2
  14. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

We'res that from mate? The one I'm getting is rated at 240-260bhp I need one anyway its only like 120for this hybrid which still has warranty etc
  15. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Turbo dynamics stage 2 £625.00 reconditioned standard unit given hybrid treatment for £895 for brand new
  16. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

This one ant recon tho mate..and I was gonna sell my standard turbo anyway for someone to rebuild cause its only te oil seal that went..you've confused me ha
  17. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

So you have located a hybrid turbo which is used But was bought brand new ? Also is it a turbo dynamics hybrid ? If so then we are talking about the same turbo
  18. Jayy26

Jayy26 Member

YEh in November mate and yes it is :) what other mods you got supporting it or ideas for making the most put off it?