1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo and downpipe upgrade.

turbobreath Aug 10, 2010

1. turbobreath

turbobreath New Member

My 1.8T quattro recently overheated due to a split coolant pipe and i failed to notice the temperature rise on the gauge until the alarm came up, and i fear that i may have damaged the head. If so, im planning to put a new one on and im going to use it as an excuse to hopefully upgrade the turbo and maybe the downpipe whilst the whole lots off. I was just wondering if the S3 turbo and downpipe are a a direct fit and if not what would be the best way to go about upgrading these parts. Any info would be a great help, thanks.

2. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

No need to get a new head, just give it a light sim

3. finesse

finesse Active Member VCDS Map User

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

S3 turbo is not a direct replacement sadly and not just because its a different fitment but there will be other mods required.... easiest route is to get a K03 hybrid (a K04 in a K03 turbo), popular with Ibiza and Leon owners on SCN... you will still need a 225 (S3/LCR/TT) MAF housing, injectors and a stage 3 map (plus some other bits) but potential there for close to 300bhp with the right bits (280bhp typically)

<tuffty/>