1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Advice needed: Smoking (South Africa)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3Sallie, Aug 29, 2013.

1. S3Sallie

S3Sallie New Member

[Aug 29, 2013]
    Hi Guys,

I really need some help.

So this is the story in a nutshell:

Bought the s3 8l with the guy telling me it's the turbo seals that is causing the smoke, done a few tests before I bought the car and this is what happened so I immediately agreed.

Symtoms:
    No smoke on startup, I don't see any on boost(2nd, 3rd), no smoke while in gear throttle off downhill.

So that should rule out the vs seals and the rings. MAF in perfect order.

When the car is hot and even when driving for a while (+- 40miles) there will be no smoke. after about a minute of idling the smoke will start and get heavier each minute. but as soon as I start driving again it goes away

So I have had a turbo recon done, oil filters etc, installed the turbo lastnight but now its still doing the same thing???

I can't figure out what it is. I'm doing an oil return line check tonight.

can't describe the disappointment!! :puke:

Any advice would help as i'm new to the audi motors, kind of wanted an s3 since I was born and its breaking my heart!! is there some kind of valve or some strange thing I should check other than my oil return?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 29, 2013]
    Could be valve stem seals...

<tuffty/>
  4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

[Sep 1, 2013]
    If it was stem seals it would smoke badly first thing from cold, i had the same symptoms did a pressure check on the cylinders and ~no2 cylinder was only pushing out 25psi cause = snapped ring