Turbo actuator leaking

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Car passed it's mot today.

However I think my turbo actuator is leaking hence why the wife's shed is much more responsive.

I was checking the actuator travel on idle but I could hear a hissing noise. If I unplug the vacuum hose, the hissing stops.

There is some slight movement on the rod but not as much as there is on the afn shed.

I've got the gear to do a Mr muscle turbo clean and a mini hand vac to operate actuator.

I guess I'm going to have to replace the actuator either way??

Turbo off job or can it be changed in situ?

No not yet. Haven't had time to investigate further as yet. Hoping to do so before the end of the week. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

No not yet. Haven't had time to investigate further as yet. Hoping to do so before the end of the week. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

no worries bud keep me posted.
Ive just stripped the standard turbo off my car to fit the 130 turbo so the old one is in the shed complete. so if you need the actuator let me know.

Reactions: S4_dan
I've just done a quick vac test on the actuator and it's holding vacuum fine. The actuator is moving approx 15mm so all good there too with the vanes.

The car is under powered compared to my wifes older AFN 110.

I'm guessing the N75 could be the culprit here or a vac hose somewhere. I do get limp mode occasionally when driving hard in 3rd or 4th through the rev range. Have the P1557 code logged.

My wifes AFN goes into limp mode much easier than mine, same fault code. That's another job for another day. lol.

Not got any more time today to look around as off to work very soon.

Dan