1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning Virgin

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A4CAB, Aug 6, 2009.

1. A4CAB

A4CAB Member

[Aug 6, 2009]
    Hi guys

I have had my S3 (8p) since early Dec 2006, think it was one of the first on the road at the time. Love the car and its the longest I have kept a car for a while. Havent posted for ages but this site seems a great place for A3/S3 advice with a strong following.

I have recently considered the tuning options and would be very interested in peoples views and advice. I have looked at Revo & AMD and I am sure there are a few more.

1) If you do a 7 day trial does the code revert back to OEM code,
    2) Are most of the updates undetectable these days?
    3) Who is seen as the market leader in terms of service and realistic outputs.

Any advice would be appreciated as I have the itch to explore more of the cars capablities.

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 29, 2015]

3. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

[Aug 6, 2009]
    Get Revo from AmD. Speak to Shaun at AmD Essex. He'll sort your car right out with some Revo magic. In terms of specific questions:

1) Yes
    2) Yes (you can remove the map before it goes in for service work - but your warranty is up in a few months anyway so why care ? If you mean for insurance then yes - Revo can be removed by you in around 1 second (you get a switch to do this).
    3) Revo
  4. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

[Aug 6, 2009]
    Have a look at this thread here which had a fair bit of detail on too.
  5. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

[Aug 6, 2009]
    Cant really add much to the guys posts and the link AUldreekie has posted, except......, what are you waiting for?
    Happy modding.:icon_thumright:

cheers
    Paul

PS- The dealers dont care about remaps as long as you dont go shouting about it, they would have to run logs on the car to suspect anything, and not forgeting there are zero incentives for them to do so anyway so IMO dealer detection isnt really an issue.

PPS - Expect to add around 20% to your premium, IF you decide to declare it.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 6, 2009]
    With confused.com selecting 10% increase only added about 40 quid to my quote. I know really it's a bit more than 10% but we all know how rolling road results can vary!
  7. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

[Aug 7, 2009]
    Wise.:sly:

Got some OK quote from confused but ended up with Greenlight (I think:think:) which was recommened by a member on here iirc.

cheers
    Paul