1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning Tips

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by welder1027, Jan 3, 2009.

1. welder1027

welder1027 New Member

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and looking for advise if possible?

I have a 2007 S3 in standard guise so could anyone offer advise on tuning my car, i'm looking for easy, quick mods that won't cost an arm and a leg and easy to restore back to standard trim if needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dunk

dunk Member

if i had an s3 i would do the following:

only 1 really for power - get it chipped, possibly with the fuel pump upgrade as well

suspension there are 2 things - thicker anti roll bars particularly the back, and morego do some longer bottom wishbones that give about -1.7 to -1.75 deg negative camber at the front, all with stardard bushes, ride, comfort etc. forget about lowering, 19" wheels, coilovers etc - all will make it harder and not necessarily improve the handling

4. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking
    VCDS Map User

Best bang for buck will be a remap - Don't be tempted to go cheap, there are a couple of tuners that specifically have the TFSi well covered.

5. welder1027

welder1027 New Member

VRStu, Dunk,

Who would you recommend and what Chip? what can i expect to pay and what will i gain?

I've seen it mentioned that 45 to 50 bhp increase is likely as a first stage, is this correct?

Cheers for all the advise.

6. S3 Big Andy

S3 Big Andy Stealth Beast Baby Yay

my first remap cost around £500 and I gained 60bhp well worth giving revo a call

7. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking
    VCDS Map User

I too am in the same club as Andy, however other options such as APR or GIAC exist.

8. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

Revo + Milltek + Forge got mine to 342bhp and 344lb/ft.
    Total cost around £1,750 and all of it is easily removable - car could be put back to standard within a day.

9. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral
    Audi S3

Pretty similar results here....about £1500 worth of work as I didn't get the Forge CAI,but ended up with over 310bhp and 360lbs of torque.

Another vote for Revo and AMD.