tuning question

603ELO

Reaction score
Sorry but not about my A3t this time. Just wondering if anyone (AMD?) knows anything about tuning the 2.6 V6 engine. A friend of mine has a mint, low mile 95 80 Avant quattro with this engine and was asking me about chips.
I am not a great fan of these engines myself as are smooth but have no torque. I understand that a chip with a machined out throttle body will make some differnce to drivability.
Anyone any opinions / experiences?
Sorry, would post on general forum but this one seems to get more traffic / sensible comments.

Many thanks

Sorry if you were looking for sensible and got me, but tough! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway personally I'd talk to Jabbasport as they have shed loads of experience with superchargers and the the V6 engines, and would expect they can offer a supercharger kit for your buds golf. Personally I don't think anyone comes close to Jabba when talking about large engined golfs.

Jabbasport home page

Many thanks but I am refering the Audi V6 not the VW VR engines. He is just looking to try to improve the drivability as these engines always feel very 'flat'.

Sorry I didn't make my point very clear did I, Jabba have a lot of experience on the V engines from what i know and especially with super chargers so they are the first port of call to see if they can provide a kit for the 80.