1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tuning question

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by 603ELO, Nov 25, 2003.

1. 603ELO

603ELO Member

[Nov 25, 2003]
    Sorry but not about my A3t this time. Just wondering if anyone (AMD?) knows anything about tuning the 2.6 V6 engine. A friend of mine has a mint, low mile 95 80 Avant quattro with this engine and was asking me about chips.
    I am not a great fan of these engines myself as are smooth but have no torque. I understand that a chip with a machined out throttle body will make some differnce to drivability.
    Anyone any opinions / experiences?
    Sorry, would post on general forum but this one seems to get more traffic / sensible comments.

Many thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Nov 25, 2003]
    Sorry if you were looking for sensible and got me, but tough! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway personally I'd talk to Jabbasport as they have shed loads of experience with superchargers and the the V6 engines, and would expect they can offer a supercharger kit for your buds golf. Personally I don't think anyone comes close to Jabba when talking about large engined golfs.

Jabbasport home page
  4. 603ELO

603ELO Member

[Nov 25, 2003]
    Many thanks but I am refering the Audi V6 not the VW VR engines. He is just looking to try to improve the drivability as these engines always feel very 'flat'.
  5. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Nov 25, 2003]
    Sorry I didn't make my point very clear did I, Jabba have a lot of experience on the V engines from what i know and especially with super chargers so they are the first port of call to see if they can provide a kit for the 80.