1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning box

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Dsport, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Dsport

Dsport Member

2. iyrix

iyrix Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

I will be very reluctant to fit ANY tuning box or have any remap on a multitronic gearbox either V6 tdi or 1.9 tdi. The engines are too torquey in standard form and even boxes with the upgraded clutch pack do fail on a regular bassis. If you're looking into getting your engine tunned then sell it and buy a manual or at least a TDI quattro. The quattro has a much stronger tiptronig gearbox wich features a torque convertor... I would not slate tuning boxes as i had a few really good Steinbauer or PSI Motorsport and they really do what they meant to do...
  4. Mike B

Mike B Member

We have 2.5 TDI quattros triptronic and manual both with tuningboxs but upmarket ones bought on ebay and so far so good.I think the good ones are expensive and only worth it if you want better perf and mpg which will take some miles to recover the cost.The manual box is agenuine Tuning Box Co box from Belgium and itperforms well but I think they are over £400 new .Hope to resell if the the car goes so the net cost could be a lot less
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

A good tuning box costs in the region of £400 or so - If these are only £80 then something's got to give in my opinion.
  6. sduk

sduk Audi Baby!

yeah they are gonna be cheap for a reason. I know the owner of DTUK http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/ and he had a good reputation for tuning boxes. His name is Andrew and im sure he would answer any questions you have :)