1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning around Glasgow - Celtic or Revo?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Cam1177, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Cam1177

Cam1177 New Member

[Jan 1, 2009]
    Albeit i havent even got my car yet, I'm pretty sure that its getting remapped somepoint soon. Looking around the forum and tinternet i have found that A4Audi (Celtic Tuning) and Drivers (Revo) are the closest companies that offer a service in and around Glasgow. Or have i missed anyone?

Does anyone have any suggestions/recomendations/experience of both these companies and what i should be looking for. A quick check on their sites quote increases for 1.8T quattro (190) of: (Celtic) 230bhp/218lbft - (Revo) 225/245.

I would have said that Revo looks the better balanced of the two, but can anyone confirm or offer some thoughts?

Cheers Guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. bubstar

bubstar Member

[Jan 1, 2009]
    Pop over and see Jim at Star, you won't regret it.

BUB :beerchug:
  4. J45SON

J45SON Member

[Jan 3, 2009]
    hi, i paid good money at a4audi to get a celtic remap done and have had the car RR 3 times and have had no gain whatsoever. andy is a good guy but never really showed any interest in resolving the problem. i contacted the guy's at celtic tuning who promised to get it looked into, but never did.

tbh, i have heard mixed reactions to jim at star, likewise, falkland have also had a mixed bag of results. this area is something i have a lot of experience in as i have many friends from different car clubs who have all had work done there.

if you need any advic e on tuning the cpu, i have a contact who writes the programs for the manufacturers and many motorsport companies.

hope this helps.
    jason
  5. Cam1177

Cam1177 New Member

[Jan 4, 2009]
    Sorry to hear about the bad experiences, but thanks for the advice. I'll send you a pm when i'm ready to look into it further. Cheers
    Cameron
  6. bubstar

bubstar Member

[Jan 4, 2009]
    Interesting.

But the OP was asking about his 190 1.8t.

As I said he won't be disapointed. My car was remapped in July 2005 and hasn't missed a beat since. Back then nearly every tuner I called hadn't even heard of a 190 1.8t............

:beerchug: