1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning a TDI

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by , May 5, 2003.

1. auroan

auroan Active Member

Hi all

I've got a stock (ish - added a rear boot spoiler and private plate) 110 TDI A4 SE (99 pre-facelift)

I'm looking at modding and tuning the car (budget about 2k - 2.5k) What do you guys reckon are the best bang for buck mods. I want to spend about 65% of the money on engine/suspension and the rest on bodywork/ice

Cheers All

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Guest

Sorry to hear that Nick.

Am assuming that you have already contact ES and had the car moved to a dealer, or it is in process, and the dealer is going to replace the engine?

4. jprestidge

jprestidge New Member

Thanks for reply, bank holiday in Uk today, waiting for reply from BMW tommorow, what do you think I should expect?

5. wascal

wascal New Member

Sorry to hear that Nick - BMW should manage to sort it out for you.
    BTW, what was the build date of the car?

6. garethj

garethj Member

£500-£600 on a chip tune, Jabba Sport

£600-£700 on new dampers/springs or £150 on springs, new wheels up to £1000 Eibach, 18" RSTT reps

Leaves £750 for new headunit & speakers

7. imported_nmb

imported_nmb Guest

I got a UpSolute chip, KW coilovers and 17" RS4 reps. Along several other stuff.

I recomend a good chip, good suspension, upgrade your brakes with A6/A8 312mm rotors.

8. imported_nmb

imported_nmb Guest

And if you have a prefacelift A4 like mine, get a set of the facelift headlights. They'll make a huge difference in the night.