TTS MK2, ESP fault, P2128/P2127

dddd

Reaction score
I recently bought an Audi TTS mk2 MY09. A few weeks after buying it, I got a ESP fault come up on the dash when I was leaving work. Confused what it actually was I just pulled up, turned the car off, turned it back on and then carried on.

This happened again a couple more times, sometimes it happened I lost the ability to rev the car, some times I just lost boost(it felt like so anyway)

I checked the fault code and it was P2128, throttle pedal voltage too high. This was the garage the dealer told me to go to so I took it there. They also read the same codes, and ended up installing a new throttle pedal.

Now for 3 weeks or so I did not have the issue at all. It then happened once, but it coincided with a fault which was for my sports cat emissions. I thought it might have just been a bug and it was just not cleared from before.

It has now been raining for the past couple of days, my car was getting an oil change, timing belt changing and a new clutch. I picked up my car and within driving for 5 minutes I got the ESP fault again, this was a week after the last one happening. It is now happening very frequently again. The dash displays ESP fault, check owners manual. The code is P2127 this time - Throttle pedal voltage too low.

Seeing as this happens in the rain and has been fine when it was dry, it's making me think that the issue is because of water ingress somewhere, or a bad wiring harness for the throttle position sensor.

Has anyone had a similar issue and did you find a fix?