TTS Engine cover for S3

poli84

Reaction score
Does anyone know which TTS engine cover fits the S3?

I've been told by Audi that there are 2 kinds.

Is it the belt or chain variant?

I would assume that a belt makes more sense (considering the S3 is belt driven) but just wanted to double check before ordering.

Personally I'd say belt. PM 'Boydie' as he has done this mod on his car.

You also need TT-S mounting spiggots as they are longer than S3 ones

Thanks mate.
Can these TT-S mounting spiggots be ordered from Audi do you know?

Yes, but as you'd expect, it's complex as there are again supposedly two types, and from memory everyone to date has ordered the wrong ones!

It sure does!

Example 1:

P1050334.jpg

Example 2:
1d125c1d.jpg

3df0dac0.jpg

Thanks to Haz and Boydie for the use of the photos!

About 50-80 quid off the bay, maybe just over a ton from the stealers. The one with the conventional ITG filter has been sanded, sprayed and carbon wrapped so a few extra quid there too.

As the car gets older the injector ticking seems to get louder, so this is a great way to mask it without hacking the OEM cover about. Looks tons better too as the S3 engine bay ain't exactly a looker!

I still haven't properly fitted my cover to the engine yet as I am waiting to fit the fuel pump internals but yes, I have the wrong length of mounts and I am not sure where they are supposed to be located.

Where I think they are is on the actual head of the car??

A mate is working on a TTS tonight so I have asked him to have a look to see how the cover is mounted.

I would assume that a belt makes more sense (considering the S3 is belt driven) but just wanted to double check before ordering.

Chain drive TTS ??

Right

Here is the underside of the TTS engine cover - it is held by 3 rubber mounts and 2 support "beams" at the front.

b153ddf2.jpg

My mate was servicing a TTS tonight and I asked him to find out exactly how it is mounted and what the differences are in the plugs that go into the rubber mounts:

I already have this one -

photo3.jpg

c275c187.jpg

It is located at the front - very clear where it goes when you look at the top of your engine (on the inlet manifold)

I was told to buy these when I got the TTS cover:

539f54cd.jpg

PN: 03L103164

These are the wrong ones - they are too fat at the top and too short.

These are the right ones:

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

On the S3, there are normal star head bolts that are screwed into the top of the engine. These are longer and thinner than the ones I have. Can anyone supply a part number for the ones pictured above??

Thanks

Thanks for the info Boydie.
Should be able to order those mounts.

Can you please post the engine cover part number when you get a chance?

Thanks mate.
No rush, I'm in China for the next week anyway so need to wait until I get before I can fit the cover.
Once I get the P/N for the supports i'll post them up.

Just one last clarification/confirmation.
I need to order the 2 longer TT-S supports but will I already have the one that is at the front, on the inlet manifold?
(You said you already had that one. Is it because you ordered it or is it the same one from the S3?)

Last edited:
Oh I meant I had it as well as the two wrong bolts but yes, you will need to order the small front one!

I will get the p/n's for the longer ones hopefully within the next hour!

Watch this space!

I dont get this chain drive TTS thing. did Audi really say that ?
I thought there was a chain drive 2.0 TT and a 3.2 but the TTS was always belt.

No joy this evening with TPS on finding the right slug bolt thing for the engine cover but Audi is just down the road from work and they allow you to poke about with their software to find out what you want so will do that tomorrow afternoon.

My engine cover p/n is:

06F 103 925 H

but there was a J sticker over the H??

Try it with the H and if it doesn't register go for J

Thanks Boydie.
I've emailed my contact at Audi with the order.
Hopefully he'll be able to find the ball joints no problems and i'll post the p/n's for future use.

Regarding the chain, the info I received was just this:
" [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]There are a couple of different versions of the cover depending if the engine has a timing chain or belt driven [/FONT]"

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation mate.
Good to know we got the right part numbers.
All thanks to you but good team work. High five!

Now, do I get the TT-S cover sprayed black or leave it OEM...

Thanks for the confirmation mate.
Good to know we got the right part numbers.
All thanks to you but good team work. High five!

Now, do I get the TT-S cover sprayed black or leave it OEM...

Spray it!!!

Fitted the bolts last night. Easy peasy!

I think it was a T20 torque screw driver I used to remove the two head bolts. You will need some long nose grips (pointy pliers) to grab the screw to pull it out since the bolt has a seal around it.

Just place the new longer bolts in the hole, push down then screw in! Engine cover fits like a glove and looks great! :)

Reactions: S3_Mat
Unfortunately my carbon fibre vinyl lifts off the cover inserts due to the engine heat so I will do an experiment involving some heat and clear nail varnish to act as a resin....

Watch this space!

Last edited:
Didn't bother trying the varnish as the vinyl has split. I am going to give it another try and put down a secondary adhesive onto the part and see if it sticks.

Failing that, I have been doing some research into making them out of CF myself and see how they turn out.

Finally, my Twintake arrived so promptly installed which meant I could also install my TTS engine cover and R8 oil cap.

The TTS cover does not clear the top canister properly so I may need to shave the side slightly.

The other problem I had was that I stupidly dropped the front mount ball into the engine bay when installing it so have ordered another.

6151589438_118a5a688b.jpg

Finally, my Twintake arrived so promptly installed which meant I could also install my TTS engine cover and R8 oil cap.

The TTS cover does not clear the top canister properly so I may need to shave the side slightly.

The other problem I had was that I stupidly dropped the front mount ball into the engine bay when installing it so have ordered another.

Thats looks great, job well done there. Bet you're chuffed to bits.

Thanks Sarah,

Yeah very happy with the final outcome.
Best solution for an engine cover matched with an aftermarket intake in my option.

Excellent poli, great stuff!!

I have found that with the Oil catch can that the pipes leading from the engine to the can cause my cover to pop up as the front ball mount is rather small. I cannot remember the thread length so I will see about raising it with a few washers to see if this resolves the problem.

looks nice poli.. nice work mate.

I decided not to bother, my opinion (just mine!) was it looked a bit "plastic" for the s3. Ive carved mine up nicely however i have yet (after 6 months +) to put it back on the car. But it does fit well and look oem which is good (with the VF 3" Intake).

maybe when im back from europe next month i will eventually get it on properly lol.

Because of the oil catch can pipes lying to the right of the front engine cover lug, I was having bother with it popping off.

The lug is not very tall so I fitted several small washers beneath it to raise the height. So far so good.

Lug in question:

photo3.jpg

I'm going to have to try that myself boydie.
Hopefully I can get it high enough to clear that top canister so I don't have to trim the cover. I don't think it will be possible though.

Thanks Fuzion.
I see what you mean about it potentially looking "plasticy" but it looks really great in the flesh, plus if it is good enough for OEM TTS, then it's good enough for my S3.

Looks Great! Just a quick question, can you list the exact p/n for the TTS Cover & Mounts Please!

Thanks!

Here you go mate:
Enginecover p/n is: 06F 103 925 H
I can't find my invoice so can't confirm whether the 'H' is meant to be a 'J' or not.

2 x WHT000731A for the rear

1 x 06E 103 164 E for the front

Check out BKS tuning and then TTS exterior parts - they have the full kit including cover and 3 mounts for $149 USD which is crazy cheap.

Here you go mate:
Enginecover p/n is: 06F 103 925 H
I can't find my invoice so can't confirm whether the 'H' is meant to be a 'J' or not.

2 x WHT000731A for the rear

1 x 06E 103 164 E for the front

Check out BKS tuning and then TTS exterior parts - they have the full kit including cover and 3 mounts for $149 USD which is crazy cheap.

Thanks for the quick reply mate!

Yeah that is pretty cheap! So that is all the parts you need to fit it? nothing else? Does it fit quite flush? No fitting issues at all with the CAI and the cover?

Cheers

wicked, looking to order them mounts within a few days!