TTRS/RS3 Brembo Brake upgrade

Louis_Ové

Reaction score
Just after some advice if anyone has the knowledge! :)

Has anyone fitted TTRS/RS3 front brake Calipers to an A4 B7?

Found this post but need more information, the post was in 2005 as well so too long ago to enquire.

Thanks!
Louis

Havn't seen it done on a b7 before but common on a3/golf. Altough there is confusion what discs to run, the calipers are the same on both cars but disc are different. I think many people use the ttrs disc.

I recently bought RS4 8 pot brembos to upgrade mine for stopping power and looks. Also its all direct fit no messing around, altough is slightly more expensive then the ttrs/rs3 set up. Also rs4 have double the pistons :p

These are what I bought but no longer going to put them on now, b7 rs4 calipers just need discs. Selling the calipers now tho £750 brand new

Cheapest brake conversion by far is the cayenne conversion.
If done right you can have them installed for £650. More than enough stopping power and look just as good if not better than the the RS3 calipers. Plus there's loads of them for a reason. They apparently squeal like a bitch, so most were replaced under warranty. Make sure yours aren't part of a recall.
In fact, I managed to do 6 pot fronts and S4 rears for less than it costs to do the RS4 or RS3 fronts on their own.

TTRS/RS3 brembo calipers are exactly the same. Its the disks that are different.

I have TTRS brembos on my B7, I use S4 345mm disks with subaru/mitsubishi evo pads.

you can actualy get the calipers for a bargian because of the recall. (got mine £180 near enough brand new)
There is nothing wrong with the calipers that were recalled, it is the discs (and possibly the pads) that cause the noise. The only difference with the new design calipers by audi was the fitment of a damper to absorb the vibration that causes the squeeling.
The calipers are used on many many cars including aston martins, ford GT, volvo ect . There is a large choice of pads available for this caliper my pagid road pads were only £30 from Euro car parts.
Off to find my thread for ya

Edit-http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ttrs-rs3-brembos-onto-b7-orb6.199888/#post-2228609

TTRS/RS3 brembo calipers are exactly the same. Its the disks that are different.

I have TTRS brembos on my B7, I use S4 345mm disks with subaru/mitsubishi evo pads.

you can actualy get the calipers for a bargian because of the recall. (got mine £180 near enough brand new)
There is nothing wrong with the calipers that were recalled, it is the discs (and possibly the pads) that cause the noise. The only difference with the new design calipers by audi was the fitment of a damper to absorb the vibration that causes the squeeling.
The calipers are used on many many cars including aston martins, ford GT, volvo ect . There is a large choice of pads available for this caliper my pagid road pads were only £30 from Euro car parts.

Edit-http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ttrs-rs3-brembos-onto-b7-orb6.199888/#post-2228609

Thanks, you've been the best help by far! Will go ahead with the RS3/TTRS conversion now!

Thanks, you've been the best help by far! Will go ahead with the RS3/TTRS conversion now!
No probs mate, i will have to update that thread, been running this set up for 5 months or so now with no probs. I did get a bit of pad squeal after a week or two but gave it a good thrashing to bed the pads in and its been fine since. Really need to get photos up on that thread.
You will need calliper adaptors to run the 345mm s4 disk and a few other bits. Eg Spacers will depend on wheel choice.

Give AKS Tuning a ring and they will sort you out with the bits needed. Its these guys I worked with to make this possible, i took a gamble £wise did my homework ect and it payed off and AKS Tuning now market the conversion i believe.

No idea how this set up compares (performance wise) with the cayenne conversion but if you get the callipers for a good price then why not I say lol

Uses an off the shelf standard B6/7 S4 disk plug n play if you like with a good choice of pads price wise and performance wise.

Would be good if someone could work out the difference in performance between the two conversions (if there is any noticable difference?) how they work with the standard master cylinder, piston area, clamping force, pad size, pad sweep ect, price comparison ect.
Could do a pros and cons thread between them for those looking into conversions perhaps?

If the calipers are exactly the same, wouldn't you be able to use the 345mm merc ml55 AMG discs with them? Same as what you would use with the cayenne 6 pots?

If the calipers are exactly the same, wouldn't you be able to use the 345mm merc ml55 AMG discs with them? Same as what you would use with the cayenne 6 pots?

I see where you are coming from but, in this case I would say no. I take it the merc disk is used in the cayenne conversion to sort out correct disk offset so the disc runs central in the calliper?

For this conversion the calliper brackets are used to reduce the size of disc needed ie. from the standard 370mm TTRS/RS3 disk down to 345mmS4 disk. The brackets used from AKS tuning allow the use of the standard S4 345mm disk.

The standard TTRS/RS3 disks are 370mm and the offset is wrong for audi A4 fitment. I have seen posts around where people have modified the 370mm disc with spacers ect which corrects the offset ect but I wanted a buy fit and forget soloution They are also a pretty bad design disk and rather expensive as far as I have heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Craig Cull
I mean the TTRS and RS3 callipers are the same. Not meaning they are the same as cayenne calipers if that makes sense
Ohh I see mate, was asking mainly because I thought I could offer it to my customers as an option.
So what are you using then? If you don't mind me asking :)

Ohh I see mate, was asking mainly because I thought I could offer it to my customers as an option.
So what are you using then? If you don't mind me asking :)

Doh, I see there has been a delay on my PC when I edited the post lol

Doh, I see there has been a delay on my PC when I edited the post lol
Oh I see, so your using an adaptor for a 345mm disc, that makes sense. I thought you were using the 370 mm discs and that's were I'm confused. I've used Alex before, so he can supply the correct parts for the conversion?

I did a 4 pot conversation using rs3 brakes on a 2010 tdi bolt straight on.. had to use ttrs discs for perfect fit...
Everything perfect just pedal brakes at bottom tried to bleed no luck on bleeding to date but brakes are looking fantastic..
Need help bleeding used vdcs and bleed kit still no luck ????

had this RS3 kit on my cupra with ttrs discs and pagid rs4 blue pads on track even and performed very very well
wouldnt put ttrs discs back on next time though as i thought they had a little warp in them after sometime