1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTRS/RS3 brakes (yes, again)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by wuta3, Dec 3, 2013.

1. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Excuse my ignorance, I read through the brake fitment thread and still no clearer. Anyone know if I could fit TTRS or RS3 brakes and disks inside 18" RS6-type wheels?

What's the fitment on a non-S3 2.0tfsi? do they require adapters etc?

Cheers people.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Huh, you just got your S3 brakes delivered today, which are bolt on, lol.

I don't think RS6 18's will clear tbh mate given the thickness of the spokes, TD 18's will.

You would need TTRS discs & RS3/TTRS calipers as the RS3 discs are too wide & wont allow caliper to bolt to hubs.

You will laugh but I have a set of RS3/TTRS calipers here I'm possibly selling as I had 2 sets, but you'd need discs/pads.
    wuta3 likes this.
  3. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

LOL Nigel! I'm just going over my options again to make sure I made the best decision before bolting these on. Can't afford new wheels atm so that answers that.

You are making my wallet nervous though ... I won't ask you to PM me a price for the TTRS callipers ... :p
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

lol, just bolt them on you tart, you wont need tt parts either as the 8P setup will hold them no problem :)

You should have a pad sensor on existing brakes on front passenger wheel ready to plug in, if any issues give me a bell.
    wuta3 likes this.
  5. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

You're right. I shall also step away from the mulled wine and ebay ... it will only end badly.
  6. discostu49

discostu49 Active Member

Will the ttrs calipers bolt on without any adaptors to a a3 3.2 ? Also I have rs4 reps 18" 8.5 wide ???
  7. S3 AD

S3 AD Member

Just a small word of warning, I have seen a few sets of nearly new RS3 / TTRS brakes for sale in different places at what seem like a resonable cost. I am guessing though these are available due the fact Audi are replacing RS3 & TTRS , discs pads and calipers under waranty due to to the awful squeel the origals were making. YOu may get better but noisier brakes!
    DAYTONA500 and wuta3 like this.