TTRS Flat Bottom - Steering wheel change

(Dan Crook)

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2007 so pre facelift Audi a3 S-line, DSG - I have bought a new TTRS MFSW Flat bottom from a 2013 car does anybody know if i will have any issues programming it to the car? I don't have controls on my current wheel but the new one does, I am sure there shouldnt be a problem assuming the looms are the same? .. For Air bag and DSG Paddles ..

So this is the new type wheel Image attached

Attachments

• ttrssteeringwheelsmoothpdlreda.jpg
    ttrssteeringwheelsmoothpdlreda.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 361
Hi All,

I have a 2007 so pre facelift Audi a3 S-line, DSG - I have bought a new TTRS MFSW Flat bottom from a 2013 car does anybody know if i will have any issues programming it to the car? I don't have controls on my current wheel but the new one does, I am sure there shouldnt be a problem assuming the looms are the same? .. For Air bag and DSG Paddles ..

So this is the new type wheel Image attached

ahh nice- someone in the same situation- i have a 2008 s line DSG and also want to upgrade to a flat bottom. From what i have read since i have radio controls + paddls etc the steering wheel should be a straight swap- no modifications at all.

You will need to enable the steering wheel controls via vagcom if I remember right. But shouldn't have any issues.

Reactions: Kevin A3 Quattro
Even though this is the later shape steering wheel? i thought a few people had issues with getting the Air bag and Paddles to work? .. Cheers guys

:uk:That is great news!!! So what coding is actually involved? Mt friend is going to do it Via VCDS But what is involved?

Coding is simple. Go to the steering wheel module 16 and then into coding and change the value where it shows multi function for radio

Ok everybody, Here is a little update! - Steering wheel didn't fit the plug for the air bag is different on my ring - So options now are to either try to re-pin the plug or buy a new ring that will fit this type of plug I guess! .. So looks like they don't always fit :(

Ok everybody, Here is a little update! - Steering wheel didn't fit the plug for the air bag is different on my ring - So options now are to either try to re-pin the plug or buy a new ring that will fit this type of plug I guess! .. So looks like they don't always fit :(

just re-pin it! thats super easy to get it working.
first remove the purple lock that goes sideways, then from the front of the plug insert a clip or something to push and remove the pins.

just make sure to know each cable does what, and where they go. try to use the position from your original airbag

I would of though it was a straight fit and VCDS coding as i have read through @Ash187 's blog with great detail lol.

If i remember correctly he went from a normal non multi steering wheel to a ttrs exactly the same as yours.

However his car is a manual and yours being DSG could possibly mean different airbag connector?

Not that simple though as there are a different amount of wires and all different colours .. Cash waiting if somebody wants to and take on the job?? :)