1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTRS Control Arm

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by volkskid, Apr 8, 2013.

1. volkskid

volkskid New Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    Hello guys,

I would like to run some negative camber on my S3 Sportsback and I was told to install the TTRS control arm which allows camber adjustment. I had a look at the TTRS control arm and it looks similar to the S3, except the ball joint where you adjust camber. Is it possible to just change the ball joint, ie replace my S3 control arm ball joint to the TTRS ball joint, this way I need not replace the whole control arm unit.

Cheers!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

[Apr 8, 2013]
    I don't think it works. The ball joint sits different on the arm. One is on top and one is below the arm. Tomorrow I'll havr my TT arms installed. I'll take a closer picture to see how the joint looks like.
  4. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Apr 8, 2013]
    No you have to replace the whole arms, I have a set of these available if your interested.

Thanks
  5. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

[Apr 9, 2013]
    Here is how the ball joint sits on my TT arms.

2013-04-09 12.39.06.jpg
  6. volkskid

volkskid New Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    What is the max camber on the tts wishbone?

N8, are they new or used?
  7. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    is there no camber adjustment on the S3 8P front control arms?
  8. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Apr 9, 2013]
    AFAIK,no.
    Apart from things like the TTRS control arms,the only other solution is camber adjustment via adjustable topmounts,as I've done,but that's not the cheap way of doing it.
  9. volkskid

volkskid New Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    I can't bear to "chop" the top struts and heard some guys experienced knocking from the top mounts so I ditched plans of getting KW Clubsport. Went for PSS10 and now looking at the TTS wishbone for camber adjustment.
  10. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

[Apr 9, 2013]
    I had -2.5 with OEM sport suspension. I understand that others could do even more.
    I'm curious with the new B16 suspension how much I can obtain without rubbing.

You don't need to look for TTS or TTRS, the ones for TT are OK. The ones for TTS or TTRS may be more expensive. I don't know if they have the same codes...
  11. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Apr 9, 2013]
    Here's my experience of this problem.....I had kw V3 suspension,and we were initialy advised by kW that their adjustable topmounts would fit,and could be used to get some camber,but this turned out to be incorrect,and they very decently helped with fitting a set of Clubsports.
    This setup is near the limits for road use,and is pretty well rock hard,so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who values comfort or has an eye on cost,but it does work very well,and doesn't knock or rattle.
    I guess we could have compromised on this,but having bought a set of 245x18x9 rims,and R888s to match,there seemed no point,but for a less extreme setup,the TT/S/RS arms may be a solution.