TTrS alloy wheel refurb.

benh999

Reaction score
Folks, I have got a nice set of genuine TTRsS alloys. All perfectly straight however could do with a refurb. On two of them the paint is coming off right back to the original alloy material.

What is the best way to strip these rims back to bare metal doing the job myself.

Ben

Folks, I have got a nice set of genuine TTRsS alloys. All perfectly straight however could do with a refurb. On two of them the paint is coming off right back to the original alloy material.

What is the best way to strip these rims back to bare metal doing the job myself.

Ben

I believe the term is sand blasting

Dude, I see you are in the Midlands, myself and Jojo had our wheels done at City Powder Coaters in Brum, they took them right down, refurbed and then powder coated them for £20 a rim, mine are still looking good 2 years down the line.

Might be quicker and easier to do that??

Im refurbing mine now.. could post pics.. i used a sanding wheel took paint back to metal, sanded from 120 to 2000 in grades and then sprayed, now the look perfect.

I refurbished mine last year, they looked great for a while but spray paint out of a can is not hard enough to last, even if you use the heavy duty laquer like I did. And if I knew I could have had them done for £20 a while I would have deffo done that as that's a really good price. Probably spent that on paper and paint doing it myself!!!

Agreed the pro finish is worth the money. However where the paint is coming off in flakes and I want a perfect finish do assume the sandblast option is the best one for best finish!??

Dude, I see you are in the Midlands, myself and Jojo had our wheels done at City Powder Coaters in Brum, they took them right down, refurbed and then powder coated them for £20 a rim, mine are still looking good 2 years down the line.

Might be quicker and easier to do that??
City Powder coaters are great - really cheap and a decent finish. Half the price of what they wanted locally to me down saarf