1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR 150- where to buy?

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by M4KTT, Jul 2, 2003.

1. M4KTT

M4KTT Member

[Jul 2, 2003]
    Hello there guys/gals.

I havent been on this board for nearly a year due to other activities etc. but I have decided to weigh up my finances for a TTR 150!

Im looking at importing, but cannot see to find an importer than will give me a reasonable price. I'll even consider going direct to the dealer abroad. but wouldnt know where to start in picking a dealert hat has one this before etc.

I am right in thinking I'll manage one for under £20k?

Any pointers for me would be gratefullu received.

Hopefully there will be a Golf GT TDi 115 6speed up for sale soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. CARACTERE007

CARACTERE007 Member

[Jul 3, 2003]
    ummm in thought they were £19,000 to start with?..or could i be wrong?.....best place to ask would be tt-forum.co.uk ...loads more chaps there as the tt bit is a bit slow here.....
  4. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

[Jul 3, 2003]
    We went to the dealer looking at 150brake TTRs, and ended coming back with a second-hand 225!

To be honest, once you start adding the items that you'd expect from a TT (leather, Bose etc.) the list price comes very close to a decent 225, which is why we went for that option instead.

OK, with the 150 you get a deeper boot (no Quattro), but you also only get a 5-speed box, cloth seats as standard (I think) and for us, it just felt cheapened.

Just our opinion, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 3, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Alex Stanley said:
    We went to the dealer looking at 150brake TTRs, and ended coming back with a second-hand 225!

To be honest, once you start adding the items that you'd expect from a TT (leather, Bose etc.) the list price comes very close to a decent 225, which is why we went for that option instead.

OK, with the 150 you get a deeper boot (no Quattro), but you also only get a 5-speed box, cloth seats as standard (I think) and for us, it just felt cheapened.

Just our opinion, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And hugely slower!!!

Rich
  6. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

[Jul 3, 2003]
    Well yeah, that too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  7. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Jul 3, 2003]
    Not very much slower than a 180 Quattro (at least on the straights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IIRC the 0-60 is only 0.3secs different.