1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTE800 Upgrade Turbochargers 4.0TFSI RS6/RS7/S8/S7/S6

TTE Si Jan 18, 2016

1. TTE Si

TTE Si Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

TTE800 is our first hybrid performance upgrade turbocharger step for the 4.0 TFSI. Even more power, with great response as a stock turbocharger but with durability for higher boost

Engineered & Enhanced

To construct a pair of TTE800's we change the original compressor and employ a far larger and more efficient billet wheel with extended tip technology and mill the compressor cover to optimum gap to match the new compressor profile.

We install a clipped turbine for greater gas flow. The clipping of the turbine is a special TTE grinding process to the turbine blade tips. Curved to alleviate stress from process. Clipping reduces blade area thus increasing gas flow and so reducing back pressure and lowering exhaust gas temperatures, allowing safer higher boost level. This process also gives a secondary advantage of removing some material, lightening the turbine thus reducing rotational mass improving moment of inertia.

Equilibrium

Precisely balancing our turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes using our single parts machine, then components are assembled and then the CHRA are dynamically balanced, but this time depending on application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using our in house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with serial numbered balance test result document.

Key Points :

Latest billet compressor geometry
    Genuine IHI CNC modified housings
    Genuine IHI turbine/shaft, Clipped & lightened
    Optimized clearances
    Single parts finely balanced then assembled and balanced
    Core high-speed VSR balanced
    Each turbo Supplied with test result document
    We offer brand new or we also can offer to recondition and upgrade your used turbocharger

Designed, Machined & Built by TTE in Germany

Brand new Price is 6721.85 Euro net

Reconditioned and upgraded used Price is 2520.17 Euro net (Based from a supplied used good condition turbos)

Shipping does vary but 80.00 euro is a good guide for Europe wide.

(For customers in EU countries 19%+ VAT Must be added to prices above unless have a valid VAT ID)

(Pictures bellow are of recon/upgrades)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dyno of STOCK RS6 vs TTE800 RS6

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    racerboy55, THQuattro and MartayMcFly like this.
  2. bqik

bqik Active Member

Hello,

As I see in your post you say that this is also for S8.

The S8 restyling engine is the same of the RS6 or the S6 ( internals)?
    The S8 has the same tiptronic as the RS6 but don't know if they share also the engine.

Thanks

TTE Si likes this.
  3. TTE Si

4. Ping9935

Ping9935 New Member

Hi, how much to record my current 2014 Audi rs7 turbo to TTE800? The prices that you list is it for a pair?Located in Malaysia postcode:88450

Currently owned a 2014 Audi RS7 with APR stage 2 with milltek full exhaust(car deleted).

Looking to get some more power from this 4.0 motor, so would like to upgrade turbos.

Here's the question,
    1- Does APR support this turbo kits? (As in website, it says oem fitment. So does it mean just plug and play without doing any tunes on it. )
    2- does this turbo required an upgraded intercooler, oil cooler and transmission cooler?

IanP19 likes this.
  5. TTE Si

Yeah prices are for a pair and prices are shown above.
    Shipping to your location would be approx 350/400 euro insured air express

APR does not have a tune for these but does for our larger TTE9XX. But really I don't advertise or actively market as we feel the original charge cooler is a major restriction and limts the potential and so you get lag without power. Until there's a upgrade option or replacement for air to air I feel not right to advertise.

TTE800 is only a small step over stock but it's proven worthy again using the stock charge cooler.

Plug & play means fits like stock (are stock modded units)

Oil cooler and transmission I don't know of any partners doing.

6. Ping9935

Ping9935 New Member

Possible to install the compressor by ourself TTE800? Does it need a new tune for it?

7. TTE Si

Hi,
    No of course not. The Compressor wheels are bigger, so the compressor housing needs CNC machining to suit and yes need specific software to allow for the extra air mass flowing into the engine.

Rumpelkillskins likes this.
  8. neonacr

neonacr New Member

Hallo,

Besides price what is difference in TTE9xx and TTE800?

9. Ping9935

Ping9935 New Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys,

So before I proceed with the turbo upgrade purchase, who's the tuner that can do the tuning for me while I'm in Malaysia? Does the tuning has different maps for different fuel selection (98,104,108,or 112)??

Could you please directly PM me so we can sort everything by then.

Email: pgwong2004@yahoo.com

TTE Si likes this.
  10. neonacr

neonacr New Member

TTE Si likes this.
  11. TTE Si

The poster TT 4.0T on audizine has many statements he quotes totally wrong !

Here is the real facts :cheerful:

James car is 100% a TTE800 car as the TTE9xx was swapped out a long time ago as the original charge-cooler prevented good results. It's not a typo as the poster (TT 4.0T) suggests! :grumpy:
    The MRC dyno above is correct and we did 1/4 mile race at the UK event GTI international and it won fastest audi I think both days. We sell Good numbers of this stage as is not so costly for the gains I feel. So really TT 4.0T is impressed when the real fact is its a TTE800 car :sign wow:as he does say how he thought that james cars results/dyno was good !!

He also says the TTE800 turbine remains untouched but this is wrong as turbine is clipped to improve flow and reduce back pressure and mass reduced. This is stated and talked about above in the listing and always been so.

Problem is and people seem to forget all too easy or just gloss over as if not so important, is all testing and results shared on both TTE800 & TTE9XX have been on Stock charge cooling System! Really what other platform would you just miss this vital upgrade out and judge the turbos or results without taking into account.
    Remember what power and air mass the stock cooler is asked to be pushed or flow, with a factory tune!

The APR Rs7 TTE9xx was mapped by APR in USA and 1/4 is shown on our website in owners times. But again TT 4.0T is wrong :scared2:as MRC made the cars intake pipes not Awesome GTI as he stated!

Once Again. This is why you maybe notice as mentioned before. I do not actively promote TTE9XX, as I personally feel until there is a worthy upgrade of the stock cooler and I do think air-air maybe the only solution you can use to unlock the power potential TTE9xx has to offer and even to unlock fully what the TTE800 can do.

Example Is I know of a EFR turbo'd 4.0t car and I was told by tuner over 100hp was found going away from the stock charge cooler..

Also any sets we have sold of TTE9xx, we or I have recommended strongly this charge cooler is addressed before we sell, but too date no tuner has yet done this, including APR, because is no easy way...

neonacr I hope you inform the Audizine thread with the posters mistakes! Thanks

12. TTE Si

Turbine size, compressor size, CNC machining processes. Overall bigger internals

13. TTE Si

PP-Performance software id say for your region?

14. TTE Si

Nice results in china and New 2017 entry on to our owners leaderboard.

Ricky Cham drops into 3rd place within the 1/4mile category in a AUDI RS6 C7 TTE800 using PP-Performance software

10.48sec @132.04 MPH

Full weight, road tyres, 98 fuel

Told new mods planned and tweaked software so will go faster !

Waiting on the PBOX dnb data so can get the car onto the 100-200 leader board but 6.6 screen shot is a nice indicator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. neonacr

neonacr New Member

Very great result but standard turbo rs6 achieve 10,2-10,4 full weight street tyres

16. TTE Si

Yeah well that's the funny thing about 1/4mile..As Sportmile have a 1001hp single turbo RS6 C7 stripped with no rear seat and just two lightweight front race seats and use 109 race fuel and there best 1/4 mile time is 10.3 (shared on there Facebook 23 Dec 2016)

17. neonacr

neonacr New Member

Yes that even is worst result then tt800. Standard turbo is good option for 10,2-10,4

18. TTE Si

Anyway there will always be be someone who is faster. But physics will always tell the truth in the end. TTE800 are bigger and flow more airmass simple but you need complete setup and tune.

I only share real results from our customers.

19. neonacr

neonacr New Member

If tte800 bigger and flow more airmass why do standard turbos run faster and better?

clipping turbine not be enough ? still choke point so no matter if comp wheel is made bigger

20. TTE Si

If you had any understanding you would not ask.

Really we would not be turboengineers if we did not know what we are doing. These are named TTE800 for good reason.

Maybe ask the guy on audizine you maybe think knows for some more(WRONG)info. :blink:

21. neonacr

neonacr New Member

I do not understand else I would not be here. Why standard turbo faster than tt800?

22. TTE Si

Wheelspin, torque, temps, tune, hardware, surface, so on are all a factor ..

The time shared is example of a daily full weight car driven to track for its first try at a 1/4 mile event and then driven home. It's like a shake down test. A customers marker to improve on.

23. TTE Si

Audi s8 plus 4.0 tfsi with a series of 605 PS / 750 NM

TTE800 Upgrade turbos
    Capristo exhaust
    MCCHIP-DKR Stage 3 software
    789 PS / 927 NM
    (stock intakes and airbox, stock charge cooler)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

racerboy55 and Tuddie like this.