1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTE reconditioning and repair of stock turbochargers

TTE Si Jan 6, 2015

1. TTE Si

TTE Si Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Just want to make all aware we do also reconditioning of stock units. We also offer Upgrading your units to spec of your choice or to our proven tested upgrades.

For example of price: Stock pair of RS4 K04 Turbochargers 630.00 euro inc vat.

Reconditioning and rebuilding above, price includes the following work:

Dismantle turbocharger's
    Clean all components, sand & bead blast housings and core
    Check all components
    Measure, check to the specified size
    New Bearings (reinforced)
    Build turbocharger and synchronize actuators
    Dynamic, Multiple layer corebalancing of units to many times higher then OEM tolerances, ea Unit supplied with balancing test report.

We near allways use Genuine components not cheaper copys. Prime focus is quality and durability not a cheap price.

Please get in touch if have a unit in need of a overhaul

Simon

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. dazfern

dazfern New Member

I'm running my Audi s3 8p on a tte420 at the moment. What would be the next step up in turbo and is it something you do recon or would I have to buy new
    Cheers daz

3. TTE Si

We could recon and upgrade that unit into a TTE480 for 1249.00 euro inc vat

Shipping 40 euro

4. dazfern

dazfern New Member

What would be the price to update the standard turbo uk to the tte480

5. TTE Si

1999.00 EURO INC VAT

+ Shipping

6. Philip Bateman

Philip Bateman New Member

Hi Simon,

I'm building an 06 or 07 Audi S3 2.0Tfsi Quattro for Early Modern category in Targa Tasmania (https://targa.com.au) and the Australian Tarmac Rally Championship (http://www.australiantarmacrally.com/) - the targa technical regulations (https://targa.com.au/tc/page_standard.asp?asset_id=11394) clearly say

"Turbo chargers must use the original manufacturer’s housings for the vehicle model and must remain identifiable as such. Internal components and dimensions may be modified. Supercharger pulley is free."

This limits the S3 to the k03 turbo from what I understand so any TTE420 etc would be out of regulation?

In this case, would your reconditioning be the way forwards? Regarding what spec I'm after 'as powerful / fast as you can possibly make it, whilst retaining long-term reliability, and conforming to the regulations'

Posting to Melbourne, Australia

7. TTE Si

TTE420 and TTE480 Would be IN regulation. Ive done this sort of work for Audisport for championships and Taga Tasmania for 2.5tfsi...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  8. Philip Bateman

Okay to confirm, the 420 and 480 are k04's, and the S3 never came with a k04, so how do you figure?

9. TTE Si

S3 8P uses a BorgWarner K04-064 as standard. TTE420 & TTE480 are K04-064 upgraded with bigger internals.

10. Philip Bateman

Best thing I've read all year!! Thanks :D

TTE Si likes this.
  11. Nollywood

Nollywood B6 420-TS Avant Team Votex Team V8 Audi RS6 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Si, I sent you a PM (Nolly). I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Turbochargers to support 750hp in a C5 RS6 (BCY) motor. I'm not running the huge automatic transmission, so I'll have more space.

12. dazfern

dazfern New Member

What I.S the maximum you can take the s3 8p up to
    Like I said before I’m running a tte 420 but what will the engine cope with

13. TTE Si

We offer nothing sorry to say for this project

14. Nollywood

Nollywood B6 420-TS Avant Team Votex Team V8 Audi RS6 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Wow...no worries, thanks for getting back to me.