1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTC 225 Suspension mods

CarloTT Jan 20, 2003

1. CarloTT

CarloTT New Member

Hi,

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on suspension kits or shock replacements to get a little more body control out of the chassis.

Anyone know if the shocks/springs of the latest (lowered) models compare well, or if aftermarket manufacturers are a better way to go.

cheers

C

2. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

I have to agree. I went from old (non lowered) to H&Rs and Konis and tried a few combinations.

The ride is less harsh than the latest lowered suspension but is still firm and stops the rolling/diving I used to suffer.

It's tried and tested and you have to be brave/confident/perhaps even foolhardy to go with something else.

3. CarloTT

CarloTT New Member

Cheers Guys,

I think ultimate aim is do something about body control without affecting ride quality too much. I drive the car daily and last thing I need is crashy ride.

So in conclusion sounds like H&R springs with Koni shocks is the way to go...now to work out the damage!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    C

4. paulb

paulb New Member

I have H&R springs and Koni shocks on my TT. I have done 35k miles with no problems (20k per year). It is firmer than normal but still fine...