1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTC 225 Suspension mods

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by CarloTT, Jan 20, 2003.

1. CarloTT

CarloTT New Member

[Jan 20, 2003]
    Hi,

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on suspension kits or shock replacements to get a little more body control out of the chassis.

Anyone know if the shocks/springs of the latest (lowered) models compare well, or if aftermarket manufacturers are a better way to go.

cheers

C
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 29, 2014]

3. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Jan 21, 2003]
    I have to agree. I went from old (non lowered) to H&Rs and Konis and tried a few combinations.

The ride is less harsh than the latest lowered suspension but is still firm and stops the rolling/diving I used to suffer.

It's tried and tested and you have to be brave/confident/perhaps even foolhardy to go with something else.
  4. CarloTT

CarloTT New Member

[Jan 21, 2003]
    Cheers Guys,

I think ultimate aim is do something about body control without affecting ride quality too much. I drive the car daily and last thing I need is crashy ride.

So in conclusion sounds like H&R springs with Koni shocks is the way to go...now to work out the damage!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    C
  5. paulb

paulb New Member

[Jan 22, 2003]
    I have H&R springs and Koni shocks on my TT. I have done 35k miles with no problems (20k per year). It is firmer than normal but still fine...