1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT to S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by RoberTT, Oct 22, 2003.

1. RoberTT

RoberTT New Member

Been toying with the idea for a few months now. My dealer has a black S3 with black leather and blue inserts in them, looks the biss IMO, The only thing it doesn't have that i would of chosen is Bose and a cd multi changer its just got the single cd headunit. My TT has been moded with Revo, bigger brakes, DV, forge exhaust,short shifter and samco hoses. I'm presumming brakes, short shifter,hoses and dv would be a straight swap? I also have an Alpine N0333R sat Nav head unit which i would also like to fit in the S3 but not sure it would look ok or even fit, anyone here got this unit fitted into an S3? the price on the car is 22,500K and has 11k on the clock Dec 2002 is the price about right for the car?
    Would i regret moving down/sideways to a S3? Obviously i would be going down the remap route wither it be AMD/Revo or APR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers in advance
    Robert
  2. pure

pure Member

hmmm, Audi Lancaster managed to source a couple of black s3's with alacantara, 18's not sure of the full spec, but they looked the business. I know 1 of the cars was 24000 with a 53 plate on it.
  3. RoberTT

RoberTT New Member

Are 18" standard on the S3?
  4. speedyp

speedyp Member

Not really, the 17" Avus were the standard with the 18" as an option!
  5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    RobertTT said:
    Been toying with the idea for a few months now. My dealer has a black S3 with black leather and blue inserts in them, looks the biss IMO, The only thing it doesn't have that i would of chosen is Bose and a cd multi changer its just got the single cd headunit. My TT has been moded with Revo, bigger brakes, DV, forge exhaust,short shifter and samco hoses. I'm presumming brakes, short shifter,hoses and dv would be a straight swap? I also have an Alpine N0333R sat Nav head unit which i would also like to fit in the S3 but not sure it would look ok or even fit, anyone here got this unit fitted into an S3? the price on the car is 22,500K and has 11k on the clock Dec 2002 is the price about right for the car?
    Would i regret moving down/sideways to a S3? Obviously i would be going down the remap route wither it be AMD/Revo or APR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers in advance
    Robert

[/ QUOTE ]

Brakes, hoses, and DV would be a straighty swap, but im not sure about the shirt shifter. is it a B&M?

Rich
  6. DaveCav

DaveCav Member

Paid £22500 for my black s3 silver leather lowered, tints, 18"s sunroof 6 disc and armrest 51 plate 2002
    did find out a month latter it had a extra owner on when i got the log book back Got another 1.5k back off audi
    so price sounds about right

As for swapping from a TT has the hairdressing business gone down hill??? ;-)
  7. S3K

S3K Member

Ha ha....

I toyed with a TT or an S3 and in the end I think I have made the best choice...I mean jealous scumsuckers left a TT and preferred to vandalise my bonnet when it was parked up so what does that tell ya lol.....

Proud Member of S3's Are the Best Society /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But thats what you will hear in the S3 forum anyway...we are bound to be a little biased so no offence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. adjturbo

adjturbo Member

[ QUOTE ]
    As for swapping from a TT has the hairdressing business gone down hill??? ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  9. NickP

NickP New Member

You should have a look here....there is a chap who is in exactly the same situation as you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Click here
  10. RoberTT

RoberTT New Member

lol and on RS246
  11. kmpowell

kmpowell Member

Hi Robert

I'm going to be changing my TT for a S3 as soon as i can find the car with the spec i want. Been looking 3 months now and STILL no joy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cheers
  12. pwnorman

pwnorman Member

when i got mine i also looked at tt's but chose s3 because there bugger all space in a tt. then a few months later i was talking to a grease monkey at local dealership he was saying that he and his primate companions all thought the s3 was a hell of a lot better car in all aspects. must be the first time ive ever agreed with someone from an audi stealer.
  13. CARACTERE007

CARACTERE007 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    berts s3 said:
    grease monkey at local dealership he was saying that he and his primate companions

[/ QUOTE ]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif