TT Tdi Tangle

rickquattro

Reaction score
Well I am quite suprised....Just driving down the A9 yesterday I ended up car-hopping slower traffic leading 2 TT's. I had a Denim Blue filthy A3 TDiQ (two mountain bikes on the roof). The TT's, a silver 225 with lit Xenons, the other a soft top 180. (was that you?).

I was enjoying bopping down the road, using 5th-6th and the torque to hop slower traffic. The Tdi was holding its own quite well with both the other TT's. I didn't feel that I was being hauled in or holding them up..I appreciate that the other drivers may not have been trying but I was able to give at least the 180 a run for its money all the way to 96 on the Road Angel (two bikes on the roof remember).... The soft top went past on a dodgy overtake and I re passed him later.

Overall, quite enjoyed myself. Shame the silver TT left at the Perth roundabout, was going to give the thumbs up to you sir...

Great drive!

rikquattro yeah right oh mate , contray to popular believe as most on here believe by the published speeds in the mags ive had jut under 160mph and car wanted to go faster, out of my tt and yes i sh-te myself, as for a3 td thingys i have blown loads of them away, the only cars i have been severly whooped by is a flash amg merc which according to my mates cost £40k and one of the v5 or v8 golfs which i was peed off about as i was going to get one. If you honestly think that your a a3 with bikes on top ( must admit the s3 takes my fancy) can beat a tt you have got to buy me some of the drugs that you are taking or at least a bucket load of the lager you drink, i suppose youll mention hairdressers car but hey i got the money i took my choice and im going to get the new shape when it comes out.

Hi Bainsyboy, neat reply!

Have I missed something in my original post? Help me with finding words that said my drive down was a competition, race, speed test, one driver pitted against another or what ever?. If you want to go head to head, get over to Santa Pod or similar. On the road you will "win" against me because I'll let you. "Bopping down the road" must be code for bouncing off the rev limiter in all gears.... You seem to be a balanced chap, chips on both shoulders.......An A3 TDi will never have the top speed of a 225 TT. Well done! Well spotted.

Read the post again. I had a great enjoyable day's drive down the A9 and made some observations on two other cars following me. Its not that difficult is it?

As for 160 mph, well blow my skirt up. Been there, done that and more but two wheels. Top speed claims help sell cars but it doesn't make them great. I have four options in my garage, the two that make me grin without fail are actually the slowest, but at least as quick as you. Go figure that one.
160 mph. No real supprises as the TT package Audi put together is built for it, the only limiting factor (as is often the case), seems to be the driver and their skill. I dont care where it was and be careful not to incriminate yourself here. What does it take to drive that fast in a straight line? Push the pedal, change the gears, point straight ahead. Stop at the end. Job done. I'm curious why you pushed it so far if it made you feel so bad. Two choices, dont do it again and recognise your limits or better, try again and settle in to it. You might get your head around it next time.

As for a Hairdressers car, I dont hold that opinion either. Perpetuate the myth and sure enough it will become a reality. Do you tell people that the TT is a great car, it won Drivers Car of the Year amongst other stuff before the hairdresser comment or try to defend your position after it?. I test drove one and loved it. Loved the style, loved the soft top more. Like you, my money my choice based on our lifestyle (no kids, loads of outdoor gear), and economics. I chose an A3 TdiQ. I'm very happy with it as I guess you are with your TT. No way to a TT or an S3 with that engine and my annual milage. I'm just not going to invest that much in Shell/BP/Esso.

So if I see you "tooling down the road" (thats one notch up from bopping), give me a flash and I 'll let you past....I'll listen to the story of a severely whooped, blown away A3 and another notch on the gearstick for you, in the pub. As interesting as the one about the V8 Golf you mention..

I'll work on your other post tomorrow. You can't imagine how frustrating it is working on a laptop away from home, without the A-S net password.

Catch you later. More TT posts anyone?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

rickquattro, dont worry mate... sounds like you had fun and your tdi probably did hold its own against the ******....

people like bainsyboy just have to sound off to compensate for certain things... crap cars being just one of them.

v8 golf....lolololol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
rickquattro, dont worry mate...

[/ QUOTE ]

Worried ? Why would I be worried about someone elses high maintainence ego or challenging penile dimension?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

V8 golf? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Maybe he likes girls toys and perming kits after all as he knows FA about cars.

[ QUOTE ]
V8 golf? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, its easy to get it wrong with the Vdubs and different platforms sharing engines.

Its obviously the Golf with the W10 from the Toureg or Phaeton. Doh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

2 cylinders short of a full motor....now where are those drugs????

Rick nice reply and admit has put me back in my place, i read your post and thought you was trying to say that that you nearly blew tt away with bikes on roof rack which i didnt think was possible due to the bikes, as for me racing every thing on the road, i like my license too much so i dont, reason i said i sh-te myself at 160 is the fact that i started to think im going to lose my license big time if i get caught, as for your other remark on here in the 225 180 tt thread i just thought it was the wrong reply to make to some one as your encourging someone in my eyes to push there limits on a main road same as me posting my 160 speed i suppose but i think you was openly encouraging some one to push it to. the limits as far as we know the lad . might only 16 17 and might be his first ,so in my eyes your comments may force him to go mental ( which is good every now and then, hence youve got your motorbikes). Jediknight yeah nice comment mate not really worthy of a reply but hey you get a mention as for golf, v6 v8 vimto formotion thingy ma giggy was what i meant, Any way happy motoring or biking or push biking

Rick as for typing on a laptop yes i agree as thats why the above post is missing words etc as in my sheer excitement i keep moving the cursor with the touch pad

[ QUOTE ]
Rick nice reply and admit has put me back in my place

[/ QUOTE ]

Bainsy, dont get me wrong, that was never the intention of my post.....but if it got you thinking....

Catch you later..